House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Errol

The Essence Of The Banking Industry

As was successfully implemented in the Roman Empire until about 1200 (serfdom was the product of debt).

I've read somewhere that the Bible describes a successful debt takeover in Egypt.

The advent of student debt that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy is probably the most potent clue as to what is waiting for us. We are well on our way on the road to serfdom.

Edited by _w_

How do you tackle the rise in taxpayer costs to provide so many university place?

Some of the problems are, whilst in an ideal world everyone with a degree would earn top dollar, in reality the jobs dont exist yet to mop up all these skilled individuals.

The drop out numbers of university places is at an all time high, how do you focus an individuals mind to make them think is a degree right for them to lower the drop out numbers?

Money has a habit of focusing ones mind, so only the most determined will strap themselves up with debt becuase the belief in themselves and the effort which only they can put in is the payback for this debt. Its the first chance in someways someone can borrow and gamble on their future with an investment which they ultimately control.

The issue is not in private vs. public, that's just another misdirection we are encouraged to fall for. The issue is debt.

Debt is being set up as the sole means of acquiring an education. In an environment in which education is the sole chance of material security in the post globalisation world, debt is being set up as the sole path out of poverty.

As we know debt inevitably provokes rising prices (housing) and so increases the dependency on debt. It is a vicious circle. That this particular kind of debt should be non dischargeable in view of the importance of education to people's welfare makes it a catalyst towards enslavement of the general population.

With housing we can always rent and laugh at the stupidity of the owner of the overpriced property. With education you cannot.

As was successfully implemented in the Roman Empire until about 1200 (serfdom was the product of debt).

I've read somewhere that the Bible describes a successful debt takeover in Egypt.

How was serfdom the product of debt?

What do you mean about Egypt? My biblical knowledge is not that good, but nothing springs to mind. When you say "somewhere", I take it you do not mean the Bible.

How was serfdom the product of debt?

Serfdom was initially a product of debt.

The Roman empire started with free men owning their own plots of land. Progressively, monetary events put them in ever great debt in a persistently deflationary environment. The laws were changed to the advantage of creditors to the point where a debtor in person, his family and descendants became collateral for the debts while being forbidden to leave their land until debts were repaid. As those debts grew with compound interest they became so astronomical as to become meaningless in terms of them ever being repaid. This was the beginning of serfdom. It applied to the entire rural population of the Roman Empire save for a few landowners of enormous wealth.

What do you mean about Egypt? My biblical knowledge is not that good, but nothing springs to mind. When you say "somewhere", I take it you do not mean the Bible.

I'm sorry, some guy posted passages from the Bible on a forum, I can't remember which. It described what sounded very much like a massive monetary deflation followed by asset liquidations and enslavement.

if i had my way the bankers would be already in prison for wreckless direction of a public company. instead the queen gives them knighthoods. i mean, she is the big landowner anyway, throw the scum a wedding bone. read the sun and die. thats all they want from you.

the youth are totally comatose and havent a clue, other than ipods.

the bbc are corrupt as hell. pumping out shite about 'what britian exports. which is f┬Áckall but printed pulped paper.

hahah. its fully deserved. my best moment was to write to gordon brown in 2003, got fobbod off. caught him on the vine show before he was dumped by the pubic aying know one say it coming, until they challenged him with the fact a northern scrote like me saw it coming.

its been planned. it goes back to the dot com bubble, then 911 and onto this sorry ass situation.

wooton basset nimbies line the streets to weep crodile tears for squaddies they would even want in their dirty little villages.

your told you cant smoke, cant shit and cant do anything. they are too many yellow jackets and not enough people power. im sick to the gunnels of it and i want to do something more radical than whine about it.

even the middle east young have more balls than us. they are fighting the old order and winning. destroying their little comfortable corrupted little set ups one by one. i hope the whole lot drop like dominos. if iw as german id be wanting out of the euro and leaving the tax avoiding greeks to fry in the sun. and the spanish and the italians and the rest of the nutters.

recently went to middle east. its more modern that our old crap hole. i hope they win over the old guard. perhaps we should follow.

id join the EDL, but they seem like a bunch of ex football hooligan puffs.

just wait until the cuts really start to bite.

its a nightmare. id like to see the crown destroyed and the culprits go the way of gaddaffi duck.

strung on a lampost.

Sadly an ignorant populace will become enslaved. We see it with most of the people under 40. Huge home loans and increasingly student debts. The banks got em for the next 35 years... and after that the banks don't care because they can't work anymore.

I've done the calculations for many families and the wife is working simply to pay interest her whole life... An entire life's work, all going to someone else. And not even someone who had saved up the money..to a banker who conjured it out of thin air with the fractional reserve system.

But it can't happen to a well read, thoughtful people. Luckly it also can't happen on an individual level to an intelligent person. The easiest way to avoid it is simply don't over-extend yourself. Refuse to take more than 3 times income mortgage for example.