House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris25

Google+ Is About To Destroy Facebook

Just watched this vid review. Looks very good.

My main hatred of Facebook has been its awful privacy controls. When you post something everyone you have added can see it. Yes you can "hide" it, but it deters from the point of uploading it in the first place.

The Google+ idea of freind circles is fantastic and kills this problem.

The video streaming and media-suggestion pages also seem like a bloody good idea.

Everyone I have talked to about facebook hates the privacy controls and the bugs that plague the site.

Is facebook about to go the way of myspace?

My main hatred of facebook is the people who use it.

I joined back in early 2006 when it was still limited to people with university emails. It actually had some merit as a networking tool back then.

Now its full of chavs, stalkers, your family, your boss and every other ar$ehole on the face of the earth posting pictures of their pets and airing their dirty laundry online.

But yes, i find the idea that you can only have 'friends' on facebook stupid. Only a few people i would consider friends (ie trust them unconditionally) sure i have dozens of acquaintances, mates etc, but theyre not 'friends'

Why do you add them then?

I dont.

They add me, i reject them. I would though if there were a subsection for colleagues etc as mentioned in the OP.

They seem to think its rude that i dont add them, thats the problem with facebook. 99% of people have no understanding of privacy, identity, yet moan when it all goes wrong.

Why would anyone who's concerned about privacy give all their details to Google?

Not tried the google thing. Facebook- it feels like the fad is coming to an end but they have to keep it going to the ipo. I remember when everyone was using myspace, bebo. They all fail. Imo its just the short life cycle.

that and its mostly a collection of scumbags you didnt like at school anyway, posting about drinking. LOLs and how happy they are. so happ yin fact they spend 80% of their freetime on it. your best bet it to have a huge scum cull.

ive culled people off mine and still they re-send requests. you have to be plain hardnosed to them.

who the f┬Áck are they anyway. i dont want to see pics of your family pretending its great at euro disney.

like most fads, they grow up and die.

Now its full of chavs, stalkers, your family, your boss and every other ar$ehole on the face of the earth posting pictures of their pets and airing their dirty laundry online.

LOL :)

I kept on getting messages like "so and so has poked you" when I set it up on my mobile.

I had no idea what this meant. Fishing around the options, I found the option to "poke" them back.

I still wonder what the point of that was.

My profile is disabled now.