House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pet

Crisis? What Crisis?

Merv's work is done for the time being, he's resting before he fukcs us again with another round of QE.

As for Greece, that problem has been kicked into the long grass for another year, unless the people can do something about their stupid masters.

So all in all, it's all good, until the next thing blows...

He's an embarrassment

I don't see the problem.

So he takes a holiday, doesn't everybody. He'll be at the end of the phone if he's really needed. And what is all this guff about being their during the Greek crisis, WTF can he do to stop it?

tim

Bloke in pub last night says eleven million Greeks owe three hundred billion Euros. That's over twenty seven thousand each. My Mum says, who do they owe it to? I reply, to the rich, of course. Am I over simplifying matters?

Thought it was around 270bn but the amazing thing is they started out owing something like 50bn. If they'd have defaulted at the very start the cost would have 'only' been 50bn, but now we are looking at 270bn as a minimum.

When it finally does go down the whole banking system is likely to follow unless they print like there is no tomorrow.

Then there's the other PIIGS to follow... Should be exciting if nothing else...

I don't see the problem.

So he takes a holiday, doesn't everybody. He'll be at the end of the phone if he's really needed. And what is all this guff about being their during the Greek crisis, WTF can he do to stop it?

tim

Sir Mervyn, 63, spent at least six days at the tennis championships mixing with dignitaries in the Royal Box – where guests are required to switch off their mobile phones.