House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattW

Rental Anecdotal

It appears that private rentals in the Norwich area are coming down. B)

This 1 bedroom ex-LA flat * in NR2 (a popular part of the city) caught my eye when it came onto the market as it was similar in layout to the flat I sold last year. It went on at an optimistic £495 a month, fell to £450 a few weeks later and is now £425 a month. Although ex-LA flats do tend to linger on the market for a while. If it was still a council flat then it would be c.£250 - £300 a month.

Also noticing a few more houses, usually terraced houses, coming down to the £500 mark and below. :) Maybe as a result of the Housing Benefit reforms? :unsure:

* ex-LA flat - unless some crafty council tenant is trying his/her luck @ sub-letting! :unsure:

Walked past the Letting Agents on Sunday and the flat is still up for rent. The link above still works.

I thought that there was supposed to be a huge demand on rental properites at the moment? :unsure: This one's been up for rent for about 2 months now.

Well a place we was looking to rent over a month ago which had already been on the market for 3 months prior is still available. We tried negotiating the rent down by £25 a month but the landlord wouldn't have it. So there it is still sitting empty losing more money each month than he would have gained by renting it cheaper.

Makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Well a place we was looking to rent over a month ago which had already been on the market for 3 months prior is still available. We tried negotiating the rent down by £25 a month but the landlord wouldn't have it. So there it is still sitting empty losing more money each month than he would have gained by renting it cheaper.

Makes me laugh everytime I see it.

There are some new build flats around my way, of the sort with the tiny rooms and the basic kitchen in the living room, that the developers thought that they could get a premium 825 pm where similar older properties go for 600-650.

Now, 5 months later, they have reduced the price to 695 and still having trouble shifting them

tim