House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Ed Miliband: 'these Strikes Are Wrong'

Was he on a loop?

That was incredible.

I think someone needs to open up the service panel in his neck, and tweak his settings.

This droid is in dire need of a service.

Im going to reward myself with a nice bacon sarnie now, after watching Miliband.

I've been very brave.....and thankfully, my laptop is still in one piece.

Is he supposed to be serious politician?

Utterly pathetic. Cameron has NOTHING to fear.

Was he on a loop?

That was incredible.

I think someone needs to open up the service panel in his neck, and tweak his settings.

Im going to reward myself with a nice bacon sarnie now, after watching Miliband.

lol, i was wondering if i was mental for a moment.

He was told by his spin doctors not to deviate from the script and like a good little droid obliged.

He might as well have said what he thinks the Trade Union movement all think he is a kant anyway. I get the impression they are beginning to dislike him as much they did Blair!!

With the likes of 'have I got news for you' and the such that clip is going to come back and haunt him many times in the next few years.

Edited by geezer466

This post is wrong, while the house price crash is still going on. I urge all posters to get back on topic. House buyers have been let down by both sides. The banks acted in a reckless and provocative manner in inflating this bubble and I urge both sides to put aside the rhetoric, face up to their losses and stop it happening again.

How about a brief overview, for the many of us who cannot bring ourselves to watch any Labour politician speaking?

Sigh. This is the third time this has been posted on HPC and there is an embedded Youtube clip in the OT thread.

Was he on a loop?

That was incredible.

Maybe he has done a better job that you give him credit for.

He clearly has to make himself appear to be a better leader of the nation than David Cameron, no point him being there otherwise. And that means where he feels he is sure, he must present an alternative policy to the Tories, and attack that Tory policy. He would do himself no favours criticising the Tories on every issue, he would just look silly, he can only attack on certain policy issues.

But what does he do when the Tory's policy is the right one? I think that even he recognises that there is this huge problem with public sector pensions. If the strikes were to bring down this government, and they might, and usher in a Miliband Labour one, it would leave him faced with the same problem, unpayable obligations. It wouldnt make his job any easier if he said now that these things could actually be paid.

So instead he isnt saying much about the main issue as far as I can see. I bet he will never say "I agree with the Tories, these pension promises must be reneged on or the state will default". Instead he is giving no support at all to the strikers, and only criticising the way that the Tories are 'handling' the issue.

Or at least that is how I interpret it from the snippet I saw on TV where he enraged that union lady who wants the children her union are teaching to pay more taxes so they can retire in luxury.

Edited by leicestersq

How about a brief overview, for the many of us who cannot bring ourselves to watch any Labour politician speaking?

Nah it's worth watching - you wouldn't believe us if we told you.

Was he on a loop?

That was incredible.

If i remember rightly, it was the trades union vote that got him elected leader ahead of his brother.

If i remember rightly, it was the trades union vote that got him elected leader ahead of his brother.

It certeinly was, maybe they should have checked who was holding his remote control.

Maybe he has done a better job that you give him credit for.

He clearly has to make himself appear to be a better leader of the nation than David Cameron, no point him being there otherwise. And that means where he feels he is sure, he must present an alternative policy to the Tories, and attack that Tory policy. He would do himself no favours criticising the Tories on every issue, he would just look silly, he can only attack on certain policy issues.

But what does he do when the Tory's policy is the right one? I think that even he recognises that there is this huge problem with public sector pensions. If the strikes were to bring down this government, and they might, and usher in a Miliband Labour one, it would leave him faced with the same problem, unpayable obligations. It wouldnt make his job any easier if he said now that these things could actually be paid.

So instead he isnt saying much about the main issue as far as I can see. I bet he will never say "I agree with the Tories, these pension promises must be reneged on or the state will default". Instead he is giving no support at all to the strikers, and only criticising the way that the Tories are 'handling' the issue.

Or at least that is how I interpret it from the snippet I saw on TV where he enraged that union lady who wants the children her union are teaching to pay more taxes so they can retire in luxury.

Yeah maybe, but he answered (i think) 5 questions with the same answer.

So, even if he does recognise the predicament, he just looked like a droid.

He literally has nothing to say, that hasn't been scripted and hammered in to him.

Dreadful.

Dreadful and funny. :lol:

Its really time for the unions to withdraw funding. New Labour are finished, they have nothing to offer that differs from the current occupants. This country doesn't need politics, it needs neutral leadership that is in the best interests of both the people and the corporate world. It needs to recognise that job creation can only work with the cooperation of both the worker and the employer.

The tax burden on workers needs to be drastically reduced so that it really does pay to go to work. Every single legitimate worker in the country should be respected by the government, not punished with heavy taxes and transportation overheads.

If the government were doing their job properly and respecting the needs of the worker, ensuring that accomodation was cheap & plentiful, transport cheap and wages reasonable then we wouldn't need unions and would all quite happily compete against our European neighbours. The fact that retail is suffering a massive blow suggests rents, taxes and prices are too high and the average wage is too low and the government can't keep ignoring this.

Yeah maybe, but he answered (i think) 5 questions with the same answer.

So, even if he does recognise the predicament, he just looked like a droid.

He literally has nothing to say, that hasn't been scripted and hammered in to him.

Dreadful.

Dreadful and funny. :lol:

Yes, it didnt come across well. He seemed unable to give any variations on the stock answer. I wonder if this is his policy or is he dangling at the whim of a puppet master? That said, I can see why they are taking the line they are taking.

Its really time for the unions to withdraw funding. New Labour are finished, they have nothing to offer that differs from the current occupants. This country doesn't need politics, it needs neutral leadership that is in the best interests of both the people and the corporate world. It needs to recognise that job creation can only work with the cooperation of both the worker and the employer.

The tax burden on workers needs to be drastically reduced so that it really does pay to go to work. Every single legitimate worker in the country should be respected by the government, not punished with heavy taxes and transportation overheads.

If the government were doing their job properly and respecting the needs of the worker, ensuring that accomodation was cheap & plentiful, transport cheap and wages reasonable then we wouldn't need unions and would all quite happily compete against our European neighbours. The fact that retail is suffering a massive blow suggests rents, taxes and prices are too high and the average wage is too low and the government can't keep ignoring this.

macca,

if you are going to balance the budget, and cut taxes, then that means some pretty swingeing cuts in public expenditure does it not?

What are you suggesting? End the state pension perhaps?

I am not disagreeing with your policy objective by the way, I think we need to balance the budget and lower taxes. It is just I would like to see what someone actually proposes by way of spending cuts to achieve that. The current Tory policy appears to be one of hoping for a miracle of growth and leaving the door open to mass immigration and hoping it will be all right.

What are your policies?

macca,

if you are going to balance the budget, and cut taxes, then that means some pretty swingeing cuts in public expenditure does it not?

What are you suggesting? End the state pension perhaps?

I am not disagreeing with your policy objective by the way, I think we need to balance the budget and lower taxes. It is just I would like to see what someone actually proposes by way of spending cuts to achieve that. The current Tory policy appears to be one of hoping for a miracle of growth and leaving the door open to mass immigration and hoping it will be all right.

What are your policies?

In no particular order, the first policy would be to pull out of the EU then start a massive housebuilding project to relieve the rental and mortgage hell on the majority or working people. I would then make the first 15k of earnings income tax free, put a surcharge on goods and services of any company that is using foreign labour and reduce it where UK workers are being utilised.

Massively tax holiday homes, empty homes, BTL and get rid of council tax discounts for second homes.

Do a deal with France or another country using nuclear power to provide us with cheaper energy, we have the tunnel so no excuse really.

Get businesses in schools to run some of the classes and take the weight of the teachers so that they can get kids skills and discipline up to the level required for the job market.

Get anyone on benefits out there to provide basic community services or lose payments.

Privatise the Monarchy.

Build prisons abroad where it is much cheaper and ship the inmates serving long sentences out there.

Multimillionaires and billionaires who leave the country would also lose their UK passports. Public sector pensions would be capped for anyone earning more than 15k per year pension, including MPs.

I'd have a policy of giving foreign aid to countries only on the basis that they agree to keep more of their people in their country by offering them opportunities rather than them coming over banging on our door. Also look at shipping thousands of the UK population to countries in dire need of infrastructure and education like Africa where jobs, housing and renewable energy could be created to benefit our nation and theirs.

I had this playing in the background whilst reading another thread. I thought the BBC player had messed up and was playing the same 30 second clip over and over. Talk about keeping to the script. Our current politicians are pathetic. Or is it that the public really are that stupid that the politicians don't dare deviate from the script as Joe soap hasn't the mental capacity to interpret it??

david-cameron-ed-miliband-and-nick-clgg-pi-441421959.jpg

This was during the actual strike.

They're all the same.

That picture tells you all you need to know how Britain is run and by whom.

Makes you wonder why so many on here get an attack of the vapours at the merest mention of Nu Lab as though there was anything more than a rizla papers distinction between what Milliband and Cameron are really offering (nb both appear to make a habit of shagging over their own party core vote).

At least the PCS members who were on strike last week can comfort themselves that their union is not affiliated to the Labour Party so that they at least have not pissed away their subsciption money getting this tosser the Labour leadership

Edited by stormymonday_2011

that was priceless, couldn't believe it and ended up with tears and howling laughter. I love Ed, he's the best chance we've got of not having another labour government.

Guest sillybear2

If you look carefully you can see his lackeys continually pulling the cord on his back.

BeamerMonkey.jpg