House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Princess Diana At 50: July 1St 2011

The picture at the link below was drawn by Alan Rein in 1986 of how he thought Diana & Charles might look in the amazing year 2011. I think I actually remember the picture first time round. I think she looks about 60 in the picture and she almost certainly would look younger. However that aside, the most astonishing thing I feel about this landmark today is that only people of a certain age will appreciate it and I find myself in such a group, probably for the first time. This year marks the first year that people entering adulthood (18/19) have no living memory of her. This I find incredible and a testimony to the unstoppable march of time, a world's obsession with youthful beauty and the merry-go-round of life. It's a real generational event today. It's the first time I've had this feeling.

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on.

Princess Diana In 2011 Aged 50 (drawn 1986)

The picture at the link below was drawn by Alan Rein in 1986 of how he thought Diana & Charles might look in the amazing year 2011. I think I actually remember the picture first time round. I think she looks about 60 in the picture and she almost certainly would look younger. However that aside, the most astonishing thing I feel about this landmark today is that only people of a certain age will appreciate it and I find myself in such a group, probably for the first time. This year marks the first year that people entering adulthood (18/19) have no living memory of her. This I find incredible and a testimony to the unstoppable march of time, a world's obsession with youthful beauty and the merry-go-round of life. It's a real generational event today. It's the first time I've had this feeling.

The moving finger writes and having writ moves on.

Princess Diana In 2011 Aged 50 (drawn 1986)

Quick joke,

What would Diana be doing now if she were still alive?

Desparately scratching on her coffin lid.

:D