House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Liquid Goldfish

Export Led Recovery Off

It wasn't just because of the Royal Wedding after all. No excuses at all being given this month

http://www.markiteconomics.com/MarkitFiles/Pages/ViewPressRelease.aspx?ID=8230

UK Manufacturing PMI at 21-month low in June, as order inflows decline and jobs growth slows sharply

UK Manufacturing PMI fell to 51.3 in June, despite modest rebound in production.

Weak domestic market and slower export growth hits order book levels.

Employment rose at slowest pace in nine months.

Very sad news and entirely predictable. Manufacturing was never going to be the answer to the recovery alone.

We've had Asda saying times are hard, several big companies into Administration, two banks with massive lay offs planned. All just this week.

Recession or depression? Either way it's far from over.

Export led recovery?!?! Don't make me laugh. We have the 2nd biggest trade deficit in the world, bested only by the USA, and per head of population we have the WORST trade deficit.

Export led recovery indeed. I'll eat my gold if we export our way out of this clusterf4ck. :lol:

Very sad news and entirely predictable. Manufacturing was never going to be the answer to the recovery alone.

We've had Asda saying times are hard, several big companies into Administration, two banks with massive lay offs planned. All just this week.

Recession or depression? Either way it's far from over.

Yep, looking worse by the day. Printing will resume in an act of desperation soon, followed by a swift run on the Pound.

Export led recovery indeed. I'll eat my gold if we export our way out of this clusterf4ck. :lol:

Now that I'd like to see :lol:

Although that said the way Merv is busy devaluing our currency we'll be competing with the Chinese on a 1:1 basis before much longer :angry:

Although that said the way Merv is busy devaluing our currency we'll be competing with the Chinese on a 1:1 basis before much longer :angry:

Can we expect some wage rises once we've reached parity?

Now that I'd like to see :lol:

Think how much an ounce of gold will buy you here then :D

Think how much an ounce of gold will buy you here then :D

Maybe that is the point I stop being a serf and start buying myself one :lol:

Provided you haven't taken all the good ones that is ;)

Export led recovery?!?! Don't make me laugh. We have the 2nd biggest trade deficit in the world, bested only by the USA, and per head of population we have the WORST trade deficit.

You're seriously off-message, PRESSTITUTE Evan Davis says we've got a fab manufacturing sector. He must know, he went to Oxbridge!

Good. That's how it should be. The government should have nothing to do with job creation.

Flutter your eyelashes and ask for world peace and you might make Miss World.

I doubt Wen Jiabao shares your idealism.

We're 13 months into this Govt and there has been no major announcements or plan on job creation. None. Not a sausage.

What did you expect?

How can we create jobs when we cant afford to pay a bloated public sector that shouldnt even have jobs?

I dont think that employing hole diggers and hole fillers is going to help us at all.

We're 13 months into this Govt and there has been no major announcements or plan on job creation. None. Not a sausage.

you're wrong! In the local paper today the high street are hiring 150 apprentice retail workers*

Thats job creation.

*of course what they fail to say is that there were firings of about 150 people as well in retail and in hiring apprentices they slash their wage bill by 60%

you're wrong! In the local paper today the high street are hiring 150 apprentice retail workers*

Thats job creation.

*of course what they fail to say is that there were firings of about 150 people as well in retail and in hiring apprentices they slash their wage bill by 60%

apprentice retail workers? That's too funny :lol:

apprentice retail workers? That's too funny :lol:

At the jobshop (which i pass on the way to the Library, they have a cheap colour printer which I use now and again) they have lots of apprentice jobs:

Apprentice cleaner.

Apprentice office junior.

Apprentice bin loader

Apprentice street cleaner.

Think of all the bottom rung NMW jobs that used to exist, and stick apprentice in front of them. £95-£120pw.

Good. That's how it should be. The government should have nothing to do with job creation.

If they drop taxes that will help job creation.

Still , they'd have to actually cut spending to cut taxes and i don't see them doing that no matter how much hot air is bandied about - didn't Cameroon just throw another couple of billion at the EU budget?

How long do they need to do an apprenticeship for? 2 years?

Then they get the boot for another apprentice coming through.

Total scam , but good for HPC at least.