House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ccc

Ea's Expect Sales To Fall Through

Found this quite interesting.

Edinburgh

UNDER OFFER SUBJECT TO CONCLUSION OF MISSIVES - Please feel free to call Beveridge & Kellas to register an interest should the sale fall through

Edinburgh

UNDER OFFER SUBJECT TO CONCLUSION OF MISSIVES - Please feel free to call Beveridge & Kellas to register an interest should the sale fall through

Translation - they've already sold it three times to numpties who hadn't heard of the credit crunch.

Edinburgh

How likely is a sale to fall through under the Scottish system, though? If a buyer has an offer accepted but isn’t able to get as far as Conclusion of Missives (which I suppose is like Exchange of Contracts in England and Wales), does he/she get sued for the deposit and more besides?

Also, I see the flat is identified as PF3, a form which I’ve not seen for a while – GF3 would be more common – but does anyone know why ground-floor flats in Edinburgh sometimes have the letter P in their names? It isn’t by any chance from the French ‘par terre’, is it?

During my daily Property Bee searches, I have noticed an increasingly large number of sales falling through recently, many of them being within a matter of days.

I bet Estate Agents are now sick of these people giving offers on places they can't afford.

I bet Estate Agents are now sick of these people giving offers on places they can't afford.

Not just EAs - we should be too. Vendors' delusions are fuelled by one person offering close to asking price, whether or not they can borrow that much or sell their own place.

So are other buyers. Last year I was asked if I'd like to increase my offer as the vendor had received a better one. I said no.

And then three days later the EA was back to say the other buyers couldn't afford the stamp duty. and would I consider making increased offer. I reduced it.

These clowns who can't afford houses and don't get mortgages in principle are deluding sellers.

During my daily Property Bee searches, I have noticed an increasingly large number of sales falling through recently, many of them being within a matter of days.

When I've bought houses in the past they have usually done a bit of due diligence. Ie: have you sold your own house, have cash, or mortgage arranged. Unsold house mean't you were back of the queue. If they are just accepting offers from dreamer/numpties walking in off the street then they have only themselves to blame.