House Price Crash Forum
moonriver

"you Do Know House Prices Are Coming Down, Don't You?"

The local builder in Corrie has just said those words to his neighbour.

With the huge viewing figures Corrie gets, what a great way to get the HPC message over to the public, that was. :)

With the huge viewing figures Corrie gets, what a great way to get the HPC message over to the public, that was. :)

I wondered how long it would take to hit HPC :lol:

Just tuned in for a bit of Corrie - and heard the conversation between two characters (you'll have to forgive me here, not a regular viewer):

Female character: (whose landlord has offered her first refusal to buy house she's renting): "I just don't think I can afford it"

Male character: something along the lines of "well, don't get too despondent - house prices are coming down y'know"....

Must be a few million viewers of this programme - obviously the Producer hasn't got a BTL empire!

Great news. Seriously. This reaches a new audience.

Just tuned in for a bit of Corrie - and heard the conversation between two characters (you'll have to forgive me here, not a regular viewer):

Female character: (whose landlord has offered her first refusal to buy house she's renting): "I just don't think I can afford it"

Male character: something along the lines of "well, don't get too despondent - house prices are coming down y'know"....

Must be a few million viewers of this programme - obviously the Producer hasn't got a BTL empire!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=165960

Great news. Seriously. This reaches a new audience.

can you even understand the Corrie accents down south? do you not need to purge yourselves with a Morris Dance after watching it? ;)

Edited by Si1

virtually no impact on the general public they were all stuffing themselves with pringles washing them down with 2 for 12 quid lager from Tescos.

They might say it in Corrie.

Wouldn't be true if they said it in Eastenders.

yep- i cant see that one catching on in the queen vic :angry:

They might say it in Corrie.

Wouldn't be true if they said it in Eastenders.

True, watched it today. Landlord stood in a bedroom waiting for them to wake up demanding rent.

Surely no one who watches coronation street actually has a job to afford a mortgage anyway?

I never understand the idea on this site of stereotyping people based on their choice of entertainment.

I am proud to be both a higher-rate taxpayer and a regular viewer of Corrie and Britain's Got Talent! :lol::lol:

Another Coronation Street fan here..have been watching since 1976! There have been some ludicrous plotlines recently though.(Oh,and Dev was gazumped on a luxury flat a couple of years ago..maybe a bit of realism is creeping in now!)

Own up - which one of you is a script editor at Granada?

I stopped watching it nearly in 2004, got very dreary.

I gave up in 1984, it was shite even then. Just another piece of tripe trying to give the sheeple a guidline for their reality. Wonder how many bankers watch it?

Coronation Street still has its moments..some of the dialogue can be surreally funny.The best sketch was Peter Barlow's AA meeting,starring the late Maggie Jones as Blanche...

Coronation Street still has its moments..some of the dialogue can be surreally funny.The best sketch was Peter Barlow's AA meeting,starring the late Maggie Jones as Blanche...

:lol: Brilliant.