House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Ugh. Boke. Cough. Bleh.

link

17 flock to see Gordon Ramsay turkey

Love's Kitchen takes £121 in opening week

Sweary chef Gordon Ramsay looks a likely Razzie candidate after his film debut attracted just 17 cinemagoers in its opening week.

Romcom Love's Kitchen opened in the UK last Friday, and the Sun reckons it took a lean 121 quid in five cinemas, or "£1 more than the cost of a meal at one of his posh restaurants".

The movie copped a severe shoeing even before it was served up on the big screen. The makers ill-advisedly posted a trailer on YouTube, and despite director James Hacking's claim that Gordo's performance "had the cast in stitches", one commenter gasped: "Oh my word what an absolute stinker."

That extended trailer has now been removed, but if you want to see what all the fuss is about, you're advised to pop a couple of valium washed down with a stiff brandy and click here.

US viewers wishing to partake of the "banquet of awfulness" can fill their boots when the film goes straight to DVD across the Pond.

At first I thought he was just an asshole who got lucky, but now I am convinced he is a product of some bizarre experiment.

Christ! The trailer would bore the tits off a saint, imagine sitting through the whole feature?

There's something seriously eating away at Gordon Ramsay from the inside to have that much anger.

My gaydar isn't great, but I've always been convinced he's gay and has gone so far with the straight lad persona that it's too late to back out now.

I mentioned this to my brother, who is a chef. He found the idea laughable, but did come back to me later and said that it's a much more widely held view than he'd thought.

Whatever it is, Gordon, do get help.

They thought this could be the next Four Weddings, didn't they.

What a load of absolute bilge.

Mind you that American actress (Claire Forlani?) is wonderful.

It's time Ramsey, Oliver and a few other saucepan shufflers took a back seat.

I for one have had a gutful of their risible antics.

I know that pub!

It's the Three Horseshoes in Letchmore Heath, just down the road from Elstree Aerodrome.

This must be the most filmed pub in England owing to it's proximity to Elstree Studios.

http://reelstreets.com/index.php?option=com_films&task=view&id=181&film_ref=confessions_window_cleaner&Itemid=2&limitstart=20

Village of the Damned

Confessions of a Window Cleaner

The Saint

Little Britain

Peep Show

17 people?

That many?

Seems the conventional wisdom to produce films so bad nowadays theyre actually good. That theory only really works with zombie/horror though. While Ramsey may well bear more than a passing resemblance to a goblin, he's not there yet.

There's something seriously eating away at Gordon Ramsay from the inside to have that much anger.

Nah such outbursts of anger are quite common to chefs. Working as a 2nd chef I've been the privvy to massive massive clusterbomb F words fro stressed chefs. Its gotten worse over time as 2nd chefs and assistant chefs are fired and the head chef has to take up the slack.