House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleepwello'nights

F***king Idiots

These guys are really, really frustrating. The only thing they seem to have done is to remove the NAS device from my registered product list, and then told me I must register it so they can deal with it. I know it was registered before I submitted the warranty claim because I checked to confirm it was within the warranty period. After two weeks I've got nowhere.

Online technical submission: view case

Case #: 15876nnn

Problem: Reliability

Cause: Power Supply / Power Adapter

Notes:

6/15/2011 12:01:00 PM

2 Problems:

a) The power connector does not reliably stay connected. If it is touched it loses power.

B) I am unable to back up to the NAS because it disconnects before a backup operation completes. I have connected the NAS direct to a PC and the same problem occurs. That eliminates an issue with the wireless network connection through the DGN2000 router.

After various attempts to resolve the problem I reset the NAS to factory default - problem remains.

6/16/2011 1:33:00 AM

From Agent ID: 10058

Case ID:15876nnn

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. My name is Sparsha, and I am your support engineer today.

I understand that you are experiencing a problem with the power connector, as it looses power. We apologize for this inconvenience. Because we are doing this online, it might require a few email exchanges to resolve the issue. Rest assured that we will do our best to resolve your case quickly.

Could you mention, if the problem is with the power adapter of the Netgear router DGN1000 or of the ReadyNAS?

Please contact us again if you require further assistance.

Please do visit http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/gearhead/home.html.'>http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/gearhead/home.html.'>http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/gearhead/home.html.'>http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/gearhead/home.html.

6/30/2011 7:18:00 PM

You have not sent any troubleshooting steps. In any case do you really expect me to disassemble the unit and repair the faulty power connector myself?

The unit has two faults until the hardware fault is repaired there is no point addressing the software fault. First:

1.) The power connector is loose. This requires you to either send an engineer to repair it or send me a replacement unit.

Isn't this the off topic forum?

No its the main forum. Not to worry the mods will be along shortly! rolleyes.gif

My DG834 has worked flawlessly for years. So has everyone else's that I've recommended that model to.

Snap!

email convos, i like them but she's not bullshitting that'll take some time to resolve.

just say you've got a 2nd unit and that works fine or summin' to get a replacement plug.

netgear - meh.

others calling better - meh.

you have to be lucky as us plebs get the market best/shit dependent on who the contracts sell too or who the elites decide to invest in.

Ditto. Going going strong since 2006.

Same here, DG834GT has been flawless, but I have to agree with the OP, the tech support guys are hopeless.

I enquired why a Netgear PCI wireless card would not pick up the network when I hide the SSID, but the D-Link wireless card would.

I then got an email with instructions to hide the SSID in the router....aaaarrrgggghhh, I bloody knew how to do that.

They just don't read the f'ing question, the spot a keyword and fire off any old s&%t.

Ditto. Going going strong since 2006.

Double ditto. Had a DG834 for 2 years and then it went Kaputt. Called them up : they politely registered the issue, agreed it was a duff router and sent out a replacement forthwith. This DG834GT has been running flawlessly since 2006.

As for customer service there are bigger names that are much much worse.