House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

£850,000 To £125,000 - Biggest Fall Yet.

Big old house, needs renovating or replacing. The family had offer in region of £850,000 4 years ago (fell through), 425,000 2 years ago (rejected). Latest offer around £120,000. WOW!

That really is eyewatering!

Edited by gruffydd

Big old house, needs renovating or replacing. The family had offer in region of £850,000 4 years ago (fell through), 425,000 2 years ago (rejected). Latest offer around £120,000. WOW!

Gruffyd- what's your take on the strikes? (genuine question)

any link?

Sorry, no link. May offer on it myself once it hits 50. Will post link once it's sold. It's a large semi-derelict property with some land.

Edited by gruffydd

Gruffyd- what's your take on the strikes? (genuine question)

I guess the government will only start worrying if they become more intense, and rubbish starts piling up for weeks on end. Doubt that will happen.

I saw a completely derelict place the other day that had gone the same way in Devon. I think it started at 400k and was at about 150k

OP why would the family accept an offer of £120,000 when 425,000 was rejected 2 years ago.

And why no details as to what part of the country as far as forum users know it could be anywhere in the world

...... but genuinely good luck to you if you offer 50 and the family accept

has it been not properly looked after while on the market and fallen into disrepair, eg a damaged roof not fixed so water got in? Houses can go downhill pretty quickly if people are refusing to spend any money at all on them.

or stuff like fireplaces can get nicked from empty houses.

I guess the government will only start worrying if they become more intense, and rubbish starts piling up for weeks on end. Doubt that will happen.

Problem for most of the strikers is that they really can't afford it. One days lost pay may be an iritation. A week would be a catastrophe for a lot of folks.

has it been not properly looked after while on the market and fallen into disrepair, eg a damaged roof not fixed so water got in? Houses can go downhill pretty quickly if people are refusing to spend any money at all on them.

or stuff like fireplaces can get nicked from empty houses.

It's only ever been suitable for demolition really.

Problem for most of the strikers is that they really can't afford it. One days lost pay may be an iritation. A week would be a catastrophe for a lot of folks.

The government's got them where they want them then ;-)

OP why would the family accept an offer of £120,000 when 425,000 was rejected 2 years ago.

And why no details as to what part of the country as far as forum users know it could be anywhere in the world

...... but genuinely good luck to you if you offer 50 and the family accept

Because the market has changed. The EA has given up advertising the property, which is in the UK (not in W Wales).

Edited by gruffydd

The government's got them where they want them then ;-)

Depends how much you believe in what your doing. The miners went through immense hardship and much respect to them for that.

Although i don't expect the public sector workers to have a fraction of the back bone the miners had. But if they did, it's not like you can stockpile what they do.

OP big thanks for narrowing down the location to the UK minus W Wales.

Have you not considered the EA has given up advertising the property as they may have been disinstructed OR family are not really bothered about selling.

OP big thanks for narrowing down the location to the UK minus W Wales.

Have you not considered the EA has given up advertising the property as they may have been disinstructed OR family are not really bothered about selling.

The EA wants to sell, the family have given up hope, and I'm just about to put an offer in :-P A site with massive potential yet the market is SO dead it's not moving. Rejection of 425K was probably the worst mistake they ever made.

Ok let me put my offer in: £55,000.

There, that's some more shocking news for you to report on. :rolleyes:

OP this may be a eyewateringly naive question to ask of you...... but you do know the difference between an offer and an agreed sale do you?

The market may be dead in whatever part of the UK minus W Wales you are but from the skimpy details you have stated it sounds like you have a cracking opportunity to get a fine house for restoration to live in and land to live on for a reasonable price.

So get cracking get your offer in and your fixed up for life!