House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ken_ichikawa

Tesco

South Korean Tesco coming to a London underground, bus, wall, billboard, car wall paper near you?

Wonder how highstreet retail is going to cope with this? How much in business rates and rent can you gouge out of such billboards?

Hmm maybe we don't even need Tesco stores any more either further reducing staffing rents and business rates!

The highstreet is going to be a much emptier place.

Edited by ken_ichikawa

I have to admit the South Korean lifestyle as described by our resident super cynic Ken here does scare the 5hit out of me.

Still I can't wait to see H/K and Singapore soon and spend some time there.

Can it be nicked, smashed, pissed against or vandalised?

Probably. But by then tesco will be the defacto government and painfields and autoguns will be installed to prevent this behaviour.

nice link Ken.

methinks 10,000 "visits" to the online store is pitiful. any tech presentation that talks increases in terms of percentages, not numbers tends to stench of horse dung.

pointing phones at Victoria Station as the shiny suit office types crush you under their pointy shoes is not the future.

pointing phones at Victoria Station as the shiny suit office types crush you under their pointy shoes is not the future.

Yes better to beam it directly into your brain then instead I assume :lol:

Still when the boot crushes your face you can scan the code on the bottom to order your own pair if you want :lol:

watched it again. :lol:

10,000 logged onto the website using their smartphones "after the campaign". presumably 80% of them in geographical areas where there are no posters and they did it anyway.

to get the film of a deserted Korean subway station, must have been a mockup or filmed at 4.00am on a national holiday.

I see great potential to abuse this.

Just replace the barcode thingies with your own. So when said shopper is busy scanning things they won't notice they just put in an order of your own similar looking but outrageously expensive competitor product.

Tesco give people what they want, and millions vote with their feet every week, in this country and in many others.

They are a force for good.

(unless you happen to be a supplier ofc)

KingBingo must be David Camerons job tsar.

suppliers are scroooed, 1,000,000 jobs on the high street turn to 200,000 jobs in hyper markets on £7,000 a year, but fatties get 10 donuts for 69p. KingBingo loves it all.

all praise capitalism, but I sense calling Tescos a source for good is taking it a bit far.

Tesco give people what they want, and millions vote with their feet every week, in this country and in many others.

They are a force for good.

(unless you happen to be a supplier ofc)

I work with supermarkets and Tesco are struggling in UK at the mo. Thank God. My personal view is food just became too processed, even for the Brits (and that's saying something!) I just couldn't bring myself to buy one of their sandwiches last year - glanced at the ingredients list while waiting to buy it! VILE!

Btw, British lamb is now hitting £90-100 per head at market. You guys are gonna be wiped out by a new round of food inflation. BoE looking the other way. Farmers are coining it!

Not sure meat suppliers are too worried about Tesco, as I watch another batch of lamb heading off to Turkey. LOL!

Edited by gruffydd

I work with supermarkets and Tesco are struggling in UK at the mo. Thank God.

Btw, British lamb is now hitting £90-100 per head at market. You guys are gonna be wiped out by a new round of food inflation. BoE looking the other way. Farmers are coining it!

Not sure meat suppliers are too worried about Tesco, as I watch another batch of lamb heading off to Turkey. LOL!

I am shocked !

They said there would be deflation as people wouldn't have any money in their pockets.

Seems like you can have a crumbling economy and rising prices.

Are we approaching a Havenstein moment?

“When prices are going up faster than the money supply, the people begin to experience a severe shortage of money, for they now face a shortage of cash balances relative to the much higher price levels. Total cash balances are no longer sufficient to carry transactions at the higher price.”

“If the government tightens its own belt and stops printing (or otherwise creating) new money, then inflationary expectations will eventually be reversed, and prices will fall once more – thus relieving the money shortage by lowering prices. But if government follows its own inherent inclination to counterfeit and appeases the clamor by printing more money so as to allow the public’s cash balances to ‘catch up’ to prices, then the country is off to the races. Money and prices will follow each other upward in an ever-accelerating spiral, until finally prices ‘run away’…[i.e., hyperinflate]”

Weimar Germany took the second alternative and Merv said he is going to as well.

There is nothing new under the sun save the same problems experienced by different people.

Probably. But by then tesco will be the defacto government and painfields and autoguns will be installed to prevent this behaviour.

I really don't know who to vote for at the next election. Goldman Sachs or Tesco. Which has the best policies for me?

Heaven knows why the Telegraph is unable to talk to farmers.

We've been building up our sheep numbers for several years on the back of rising prices. A few years ago we were getting £30 per head if lucky. Now we are getting £75 plus per head for mutton. Bouncing around £90-100 for lamb. We are expecting further price increases this year.

What they fail to understand is there can be no control of supply and demand while we trade globally. Exports are causing the so-called shortage!

Falling profits for farmers? Not for sheep farmers! Durrrrr!

Edited by gruffydd

I am shocked !

They said there would be deflation as people wouldn't have any money in their pockets.

Seems like you can have a crumbling economy and rising prices.

Are we approaching a Havenstein moment?

“When prices are going up faster than the money supply, the people begin to experience a severe shortage of money, for they now face a shortage of cash balances relative to the much higher price levels. Total cash balances are no longer sufficient to carry transactions at the higher price.”

“If the government tightens its own belt and stops printing (or otherwise creating) new money, then inflationary expectations will eventually be reversed, and prices will fall once more – thus relieving the money shortage by lowering prices. But if government follows its own inherent inclination to counterfeit and appeases the clamor by printing more money so as to allow the public’s cash balances to ‘catch up’ to prices, then the country is off to the races. Money and prices will follow each other upward in an ever-accelerating spiral, until finally prices ‘run away’…[i.e., hyperinflate]”

Weimar Germany took the second alternative and Merv said he is going to as well.

There is nothing new under the sun save the same problems experienced by different people.

World economic growth is driving demand, no matter what terrible things happen to the UK / Irish / Greek economies. We are mere minnows. The BoE knows this. All they are concerning themselves with is the erosion of debt with inflation. They don't care if you end up paying £50 for a leg of lamb. They really don't.

Edited by gruffydd

World economic growth is driving demand, no matter what terrible things happen to the UK / Irish / Greek economies. We are mere minnows. The BoE knows this. All they are concerning themselves with is the erosion of debt with inflation. They don't care if you end up paying £50 for a leg of lamb. They really don't.

I agree and have prepared accordingly.