House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Coverage Of The Strike,almost Celebratory In Tone.

And yet the tone yesterday was that the Greek protesters were wrong and should take austerity on the chin and that their default was inevitable now.

Does not compute.

But I did notice that watching RT the news was in line with how Egypt was reported i.e. Egyptian people fighting an oppressive regime. Different scales of oppression and different ways of going about it but essentially the same thing - not wanting to be slaves.

got back from taking the lad to playgroup earlier,where I had soem zanu wife telling me how her lecturer hubby could earn way more in the private sector yada yada yada.i poitned out we're heading to bankruptcy,she jsut glazed over like 'wtf is that?' and said if he didn't like the terms he should leave.

I get this glazed over thing and awkward silence, usually after explaining how fukced we are.

Hear in on Schiff Radio too, some caller calls in and Schiff lays it all bare for him, then there's the stunned silence afterwards.

I'd totally forgotten there was a strike today. Thank heavens the BBC are here to tell me how effective it's been at bringing the country to its knees otherwise I might have overlooked it completely. Seriously, so long as the tube runs and the bins get emptied once a fortnight, I couldn't give a toss. I don't even want to imagine how much I pay for such shoddy services as it is.

I was expecting the BBC to all go out on strike to support their comrades; no 'eastenders' being broadcast would show they mean business.

No 'eastenders'? That would cause riots.

They have ramped this strike big time.

10 o'clock news last night was unreal, not forgetting the especially lengthened local news.

Basically i just viewed it as trying to whip up a frenzy in the public mindset of how effected everyone would be. Stirring up an unnecessary degree of panic when there should be none.

All whilst Greece edges closer to complete breakdown and default, of which will bring on a second and soveriegn based credit crunch.

I am sickened at the exploits of the BBC in this, almost as much as those protesting today.

You lot really do need to get some perspective if you think the BBC is pro strike.

Such a discussion on here is the equivelent of getting a room full of Man U supporters, then discussing whether or not Man U are better than Liverpool.

Anyhow, I look forward to the bashing I will get for having an alternative opinion...

I get this glazed over thing and awkward silence, usually after explaining how fukced we are.

Hear in on Schiff Radio too, some caller calls in and Schiff lays it all bare for him, then there's the stunned silence afterwards.

I was listening to Radio Sheffield this morning on the way to work. They had a financial advisor in who'd been number crunching, and asked him how affordable the teachers and other public sector pensions were etc. Basically his answer was that they aren't in their present form, and that the non PS taxpayer would be paying more and more to support public sector pensioners. He also pointed out that the pensions are basically 1961 standard when blokes died after 5 years of retirement, but that now they live for 15 years on average they cost circa 3x more to the taxpayer.

A set of phone in clips was also played, of angry public sector workers slagging off the govt as incompetant, heartless, etc. and some deflection of the blame for the situation on the bankers (this seems to be the default response whenever over generous public sector pay and pensions are raised).

My overall impression was that most public sector workers can't count, won't count, and have a tremendous sense of entitlement.

Diversity enforcement officers withholding their labour. Global warming researchers threatening to walk off the job and leave the nation to fend for itself against rising seas.

just watching the BBC coverage of the protests and I have to say that the Zanu BBC are breaking new boundaries.

Zanu BBC bird,'1 in 3 in swansea work for public sector,1 in 4 in wales,so you can see how important it is.' :o wtf

talked of 'quiet defiance',and how they're ready to do it again.

before then loads of airtime for zanu NUT members talking of 'it's not jsut an attack on our pension,it's an attack on our profession','why should we pay more money for less' etc,

'snip'

because you haven't paid enough for the too much you've been given.

White Van Man and his workmates are watching this drivel and can easily suss out that things don't stack up. Rarely has there been a bigger mismatch between the BBC message and reality. It will probably prove counterproductive for Pravda as they induce people to question, rather than accept the message at face value. It's a bit like global warming, where the more ******** the beeboids and Guardianistas spout, the less people believe it.

The way the BBC are whipping this frenzy up you would expect chaos in the streets as the nation crumbles without the Public Sector to marshal us. Instead, the only thing people will notice is a lighter wallet as they shell out for extra childcare.

The way the BBC are whipping this frenzy up you would expect chaos in the streets as the nation crumbles without the Public Sector to marshal us. Instead, the only thing people will notice is a lighter wallet as they shell out for extra childcare.

And I don't think the strikers will win more supporters that way

just watching the BBC coverage of the protests and I have to say that the Zanu BBC are breaking new boundaries.

Zanu BBC bird,'1 in 3 in swansea work for public sector,1 in 4 in wales,so you can see how important it is.' :o wtf

talked of 'quiet defiance',and how they're ready to do it again.

before then loads of airtime for zanu NUT members talking of 'it's not jsut an attack on our pension,it's an attack on our profession','why should we pay more money for less' etc,

obviously the zanu BBC are closely linked to the public sector but the odd counterbalancing question might not go amiss given that they screw £145 p.a out of us under threat of imprisonment to provide 'balance' to the news providers.

so,the public sector keep their pensions and the bankrupt banking sector keeps theirs as our central bank prints money............Mugabe msut be laughing his ass off in harare.he's won.

As much as agree that we need to look again at the whole public sector pension and benefit packages, can you just give the 'Zanu" bit a feckin rest? It's boring.

As much as agree that we need to look again at the whole public sector pension and benefit packages, can you just give the 'Zanu" bit a feckin rest? It's boring.

...to some the truth is boring.... :rolleyes:

And yet the tone yesterday was that the Greek protesters were wrong and should take austerity on the chin and that their default was inevitable now.

Does not compute.

Austerity is for foreigners.

As is violent street protest against the government.

I haven't seen much of the coverage, however I did see a bit at about 1000, they had the leader of the NUT who has just given herself a 10% payrise, strange neither the BBC or herself mentioned that, but she was still out on strike anyway, supporting her sheep like members! Disgraceful!

Does not compute.

No it doesn't, BBC t*ssers

Austerity is for foreigners.

As is violent street protest against the government.

Indeed

Does not compute.

and the irony is that it is the greek public sector monster that has got them where they are today :lol:

That and the fact that paying tax is against their religion :D

You lot really do need to get some perspective if you think the BBC is pro strike.

Such a discussion on here is the equivelent of getting a room full of Man U supporters, then discussing whether or not Man U are better than Liverpool.

Anyhow, I look forward to the bashing I will get for having an alternative opinion...

they had more roving reporters at the strikers meetings than they do for red nose day.

Diversity enforcement officers withholding their labour. Global warming researchers threatening to walk off the job and leave the nation to fend for itself against rising seas.

Diversity officers split..MMGW researchers hot under the collar. Boarder control workers on the edge.