• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

'course people on here share your view, it's basically morphed from a site about "when will house prices get more reasonable" to a gathering point for the lunatic fringe of the conservative party. :P

(going off-topic here)

I keep meaning to start a thread in order to raise a question that's being bugging me: how come a forum dedicated to making life easier for the workers (as opposed to the rentiers) attracts so few left-wing posters? :unsure:

HOLA445
HOLA446

strike-school_1934065c.jpg

Fair pensions? So they are protesting because the government haven't removed the unfunded pensions completely and given them all defined contribution schemes like the rest of us?

Fair pensions for all....... of us! not you!

HOLA447
HOLA448

These teachers are not very enlightened. As I understand it, Teachers are striking becuase new & future teachers would not get the same lucrative pension scheme the long serving teachers currently enjoy.

I'm not so sure about that, a few teachers I know and almost all of the teachers in my high school taught because they ran out of options. I remember Hawkeswell the science teacher who had worked for the railways then British steel and bounced from job to job until he fell into a science teacher role.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I am affected by having to endure looking at these fat ugly women with mustaches on tv who look like they own 37 cats talking utter cobblers on tv about how they are contributing to society and providing services that anyone actually wants or needs.

do they have dyed hair and scowls?

They say it very slowly and are completely inarticulate and obviously utterly unaware of where this free money they are given actually comes from, or indeed what money actually is.

it's cruise money of course to go on cruise ships with other unionists

HOLA4411

There are an awful lot of female teachers on plentyoffish this morning.

I am listening to one very self-entitled, IMPO, sounding young female teacher on fivelive.

I was this way until the age of about 24 when life kicked it out of me, so presumably she is striking in order to protest against the realities of life? that seems abotu it.

HOLA4412

My partner is a teacher. She decided to go into work because she doesn't agree with the strike action. She sees the bigger picture.

Half the staff at her school are off though, and it's closed to the kids.

I second what Bruce is saying. Good for her

HOLA4413

Apart from making me pee’d off at the self absorbed mindset of those on protest – (classic on the Leeds inner ring road, a banner declaring ‘Workers strike back’ – like there isn’t such a thing as private sector workers).

The biggest impact was seeing kids rolling around town not being educated and the wholesale ramping of the BBC to engender a sense of fear and panic in everyone at these strikes taking place – even extended regional news FFS.

Meanwhile Greece........nothing to see here.

I am all for Private sector “Enough is enough” strikes telling the public sector where to go. Pension what F-ing pension!!!!!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

My partner is a teacher. She decided to go into work because she doesn't agree with the strike action. She sees the bigger picture.

Good on her.

My wife is a nurse and is also much like your partner in ‘seeing the bigger picture’, she constantly comes up against this culture of entitlement that does not factor in where the money comes from! They had a big management meeting with the Trust top brass this week saying that although we have been saying we need to be efficient for the last 5 years......now we really have to as the Govt have insisted on placing private sector business directors on the boards of the trust to increase scrutiny.

HOLA4416

strike-school_1934065c.jpg

Fair pensions? So they are protesting because the government haven't removed the unfunded pensions completely and given them all defined contribution schemes like the rest of us?

by 'fair pensions' they mean, say, 20k at 60 - so all of 20 million of so people need about 250k+ injected into their pensions on retirement to achieve this, which would be equivalent in cost to a credit crunch or two

they must REALLY hate their children, really really badly

(edit - the scowls of the leaders tell me there is internal conflict going on)

Edited by Si1

HOLA4417

(going off-topic here)

I keep meaning to start a thread in order to raise a question that's being bugging me: how come a forum dedicated to making life easier for the workers (as opposed to the rentiers) attracts so few left-wing posters? :unsure:

wel well well B)

edit: it is probably because there is no coherent left wing argument that doesn't end up being a bit similar to the conservative/liberal argument we end up with, ie shipbuilder being the most reasonable leftie here; all other mainstream leftwing arguments are merely calls to allow them entry to the rentier class beforer raising the drawbridge.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4418

good for her, I know a few like this actually, who basically have seen the ire in the private sectors' eyes on this issue

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

(going off-topic here)

Because the left haven't got a clue? I mean, look who the 13 years of Labour benefited: BTLers, bankers, etc. Not the majority of people. Except that the pain of the Labour period has to be felt under a Liberal Conservative government, which is typical. Thus the masses think that the "evil Tory b*stards" are at "it" again, and will no doubt reward Labour a new term in office come 2015. It's ridiculous. On the other hand, if the Tories manage to get a victory in 2015 (hopefully the new boundaries will help) then they should be able to prove how a small(er) government, low(er) taxes, etc, benefit everyone.

HOLA4424

Because the left haven't got a clue? I mean, look who the 13 years of Labour benefited: BTLers, bankers, etc. Not the majority of people. Except that the pain of the Labour period has to be felt under a Liberal Conservative government, which is typical. Thus the masses think that the "evil Tory b*stards" are at "it" again, and will no doubt reward Labour a new term in office come 2015. It's ridiculous. On the other hand, if the Tories manage to get a victory in 2015 (hopefully the new boundaries will help) then they should be able to prove how a small(er) government, low(er) taxes, etc, benefit everyone.

No chance, Labour will get in with a landslide with lots of promises. Promises which will be paid for by the printing presses. Then we get hyperinflation total collaspe cannibalism me hunting you over the ruins of society for a few years then a hard reset.

HOLA4425

No chance, Labour will get in with a landslide with lots of promises. Promises which will be paid for by the printing presses. Then we get hyperinflation total collaspe cannibalism me hunting you over the ruins of society for a few years then a hard reset.

I used to share that view but am not sure sure these days,

This strike has got very little support, none politically.

Ed Miliband looks even worse for not backing the unions.

Polls aren't crucifying the Tories/Libs and the vast majority of people see to understand the fact that these actions are a necessary evil.