• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

Great post Sourmash. Public sector pensions were revised after a lot of debate just 6 years ago in 2005 in order to make them affordable.

The only thing that has happened since then has been the economic crisis caused by the financial sector

Times have changes since 2005 and so has the Govt and its mandate - such is the nature of democracy.

You must understand that the finacial crisis is a reaction to an unsustainable credit boom.

The bankers gave you the lifestyles you wanted and now they can't.

Be angry with the Labour Govt for making promises they should have known they couldn't keep.

HOLA444

The issue here is, though, that there was a deal between the employer and the workers for pensions.

We are now seeing that deal being unilaterally reneged upon.

We had an election. There is a different lot in and that is how it goes always has done and always will.

The public sector has had a good run the party is over.

TBH the banking system is so f*cked that what ever new promises are cobbled together now won't be met either!!!

HOLA445
HOLA446

Notice it's over pensions. Nothing on pay or jobs? ~(edit)

Public sector pay has been rising (partly through increments, and bonus payments). In fact the report by that ex Labour minister blew away the myth that those in the public sector are paid less than their private sector counterparts.

Edited by Ash4781

HOLA447

Depends if you only read the newspaper headlines really.

Look more into the debate & you'll know its about much more than pensions, ie working 6-8 years longer, below inflation payrises for several years now, paying more into your pension to get less at the end, redundancies & job cuts etc.

Doesn't only happen in the private sector you know, no matter what rubbish you read on here :rolleyes: . We're all in this together as they keep saying :rolleyes:

HOLA448

Look more into the debate & you'll know its about much more than pensions, ie working 6-8 years longer, below inflation payrises for several years now, paying more into your pension to get less at the end, redundancies & job cuts etc.

Doesn't only happen in the private sector you know, no matter what rubbish you read on here :rolleyes: . We're all in this together as they keep saying :rolleyes:

yes we do all suffer the same

so what do you want me to do about it again?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Below inflation pay rises for several years eh?! Try no pay rises for several years! Public sector have had it too good for too long!!

We're not in this together at all!!

HOLA4411

Public Sector people promising other Public Sector People stuff then blaming the taxpayer for it.

The blind leading the blind.

Why not just pay the Public Sector people a maket rate for the job they do and have feck all to do with pensions.

Let me repeat that: HAVE FECK ALL TO DO WITH PENSIONS!!!

All political parties are responsible for this. All public sector pensions should have been shut down 20 years ago when

people stopped dying.

HOLA4412

am I supposed to have a problem with this?

I am private sector and fund my own pension.

I am private sector and fund your pension too.

See the issue there?

HOLA4413

Great post Sourmash. Public sector pensions were revised after a lot of debate just 6 years ago in 2005 in order to make them affordable.

The only thing that has happened since then has been the economic crisis caused by the financial sector

....no....caused by Nuliebor and Gordo the Clown... :rolleyes:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Just realized why we can hear the sound of squealing pigs in the distance..... it's the public service strikers! Oink oink.....

What are these people thinking. Some 40% of the british workforce now works in pubic service and they are expecting the other 60% to pay for social services scroungers on the dole, illegal immigrant housing, and pensions that they themselves cant afford. Britiain is Orwell's nightmare. All pips are equal, but some pigs are more equal than others.

The shoe is about to drop in the UK. I would suggest you all move your cash into dollars in the short to medium term. You are about to get rubber ducked.

HOLA4417

Just realized why we can hear the sound of squealing pigs in the distance..... it's the public service strikers! Oink oink.....

What are these people thinking. Some 40% of the british workforce now works in pubic service and they are expecting the other 60% to pay for social services scroungers on the dole, illegal immigrant housing, and pensions that they themselves cant afford. Britiain is Orwell's nightmare. All pips are equal, but some pigs are more equal than others.

The shoe is about to drop in the UK. I would suggest you all move your cash into dollars in the short to medium term. You are about to get rubber ducked.

Dollars? Them with the multi trillion dollar debt? Frying pan and fire spring to mind.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

....no....caused by Nuliebor and Gordo the Clown... :rolleyes:

The weakness that occurs to me in this "It's all the fault of Labour" argument is that come election day we should be seeing bankers and hedge fund managers out working to re-elect them.Now, I stand to be corrected here,but in my experience every banker I have ever known has been a Tory.

I think it far more likely that from the Prawn Cocktail Offensive of the late John Smith Labour have been in hock to the bankers and media barons and were therefore unable to freely control the financial sector withouit suffering the fury of those VI's.

Does anyone seriously argue that lord Snooty and pals would have constrained them?

HOLA4420

It seems to me that after weeks of being told to expect the biggest strikes in 100 years, it was a bit of an anticlimax. But I'm assuming I just somehow flukily managed to avoid the bedlam. How has everyone else coped? I could be flippant and quote an ex-public sector comrade in his assessment that the strikes will have just been an excuse for a day off. Apparently strikes commonly take place in the summer, I wasn't aware of this - rather naively - until told straight up.

HOLA4421

It wasn't easy having to endure the hourly ramping on the news but we managed to get through it.

When they call the next one though I'll have to take extreme measures to survive, such as switching the radio off for the day.

HOLA4422

Can't say it made much difference. But I did spend an hour in the evening emptying the contents of our non recyclable bin into a metal one and setting it on fire to destroy an infestation of maggots, since nobody had collected it for nearly two weeks and it absolutely reeked.

I think the biggest impact of the strikes isn't going to be that the jobcentre is shut, it's going to be all the lost days of productivity in the private sector thanks to employees having to stay at home and look after their kids because the schools are shut.

HOLA4423

Can't say it made much difference. But I did spend an hour in the evening emptying the contents of our non recyclable bin into a metal one and setting it on fire to destroy an infestation of maggots, since nobody had collected it for nearly two weeks and it absolutely reeked.

I think the biggest impact of the strikes isn't going to be that the jobcentre is shut, it's going to be all the lost days of productivity in the private sector thanks to employees having to stay at home and look after their kids because the schools are shut.

Apparently shops saw half-term like trade. Perhaps strikes are the lift 'consumer confidence' needs.

HOLA4424

Daily Express

Daily Express is blaming teachers for the death of this poor girl. Crushed by a falling tree branch................but it wouldn't have happened if the school was open.

Reveals the ever bizarre mindset that the DE attributes to its own readership. Attempting to widen the blame and recrimination way beyond the bounds of common sense.

HOLA4425

Apparently shops saw half-term like trade. Perhaps strikes are the lift 'consumer confidence' needs.

I popped into town and it was full of school children and fat (very fat in 40% of cases) mothers huffing and puffing as they pushed around the over weight turd they've sh1tted out in the last couple of years. How do women get so fat, it's disgusting.

Sorry, off topic, but yeah, the shops were busy, the roads seems a little quieter and the government saved a few quid by not having to pay all those public sector 'workers'. All in all I think it was a win.