House Price Crash Forum
neon tetra

Nationwide 0.0% Mom (-1.1% Yoy)

0.0% MOM - that pretty difficult statistically isn't it? With such a fluctuating number of factors it is pretty remarkable for an index as volatile as house prices manages a 0.0% MOM 'change'.

What would Mr. Spock say to Captain Kirk about that - "Illogical Captain!"

Gives me the impression that they have done everything they can not to go negative MOM.

0.0% MoM - Wow, that's almost as high as UK interest rates have been for the past 2.5 years.

-1.1% YoY - Spring bounce well under way then...

"Brains. Brains..."

0%, classic... So the zombie isn't lurching forward any more and instead decided to sit down and eat a brain? :)

Wonder how the Wail will spin this one.

0.0% MOM - that pretty difficult statistically isn't it? With such a fluctuating number of factors it is pretty remarkable for an index as volatile as house prices manages a 0.0% MOM 'change'.

0.0% MoM would not seem any more or less likely than any other figure.

Do you roll a dice and go "my word! a four! That's hard to believe, there's an 83% chance it would have been one of the other numbers!" (5/6 = 83.3%)

As it happens the last 0.0% was more than 5 years ago - in February 2006

(see http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/indices-nationwide-national.php)

Intersting isn't it - when their index was rising that ruddy woman was constantly on the TV and Radio each month telling us all. Now that their index is going down, well, I can't remember when I last heard someone from the Nationwide on the media.

I note that nominal prices are up 0.6% on the month (167208 to 168205).

Good stuff this seasonal adjustment.

Although apparently the seasonal adjustment is some VI tactic to spin the figures in their favour :rolleyes:

Intersting isn't it - when their index was rising that ruddy woman was constantly on the TV and Radio each month telling us all. Now that their index is going down, well, I can't remember when I last heard someone from the Nationwide on the media.

House prices going up are good news, don't you read the Daily Express?

from the Nationwide report

'Economic growth looks set to gather pace in the

months ahead'

Yea right Bro, might want to have a word with the High street along with the 15000 Lloyd's people, they may slightly disagree with you

BBC News: Property market 'moving sideways', says Nationwide

30 June 2011 Last updated at 07:00

"Moving sideways" - I'm used to reading it in the article but this is actually the headline this time. :lol::lol::lol:

th_cartoon-crab-clipart.jpg

The housing market has "moved sideways" in the past six months, the Nationwide has said, as house prices remained unchanged in June.

The value of the typical home was the same in June as in the previous month, but 1.1% lower than in June 2010, the building society said.

The average UK home cost £168,205, the Nationwide said.

It expects prices to change little during the rest of the year, owing to the economic climate.

Forecast

Prices in the three months to the end of June were 0.3% higher than the previous three months, the figures - based on the building society's own mortgage data - show.

"The property market has moved sideways over the past six months, and June's data suggest that trend is being maintained through the summer months," said Robert Gardner, Nationwide's chief economist.

"It is hard to make the case for prices rising or falling sharply over the remainder of 2011 if the economy develops as we expect.

"Economic growth looks set to gather pace in the months ahead, but is likely to remain unspectacular. This in turn points to only modest gains in employment and sluggish wage increases, which will continue to keep many potential buyers on the sidelines."

He added that expectations of the Bank rate remaining at its historic low of 0.5% meant that there would not be a surge of forced sales.

Still, at least it's moving. :rolleyes:

Featured on the main section of the BBC Business page, unlike say the 0.4% fall in the Land Reg, which could not be seen on their business pages anywhere all day. Hmmm.....

Does anyone know what the monthly inflation figures were for these months during the bubble inflating boom years?

The rampers will claim a victory with this by stating that old line 'your not going to get a crash due to it being stagnant or flat' etc. It would be nice to highlight spring bounce figures for bubble time growth and compare it to absolutely no growth whatsoever during this critical time of the year.

here here.

It seems to me that the HUGE company with HUGE vested interest in prices not falling are doing everything they can to convince people that they aren't.

here here.

It seems to me that the HUGE company with HUGE vested interest in prices not falling are doing everything they can to convince people that they aren't.

How is this indicator so out of sync with the Halifax and Land Registry? I thought both the Halifax and Nationwide were just two different companies who both have a big mixed bag of homeloans?

As they were both selling mispriced loans to people who could not afford them for so long I cannot see why their figures are so different.

here here.

Yes, that is a possibility.

( On a small detail there, I think it is "hear hear" = "a short repeated form of hear ye and hear him". :) )

I note that nominal prices are up 0.6% on the month (167208 to 168205).

Good stuff this seasonal adjustment.

"house prices up 0.6%" scream the BBC and Express