House Price Crash Forum
vroomvroom

Sold My House - Details (Facts)

Some facts – Sold house - Exchanged, complete next week

Detached house Herts, bought in Q1 2006, not advertised and not a motivated seller, sold for 13% more than purchase price (less circa 4% we spent in renovation costs)

So net gain 9% in 5 years

Original buy and current sell costs (legal, stamp, agent fees etc) halves this number to circa 4.5%

Compound inflation during the same 5 year period (RPI) is circa 17%

So net net net ---- 2% loss over 5 years

**The EA value from peak (2207) to trough (2010) was a spread of 21% - fortunately I didn’t believe him on both accounts...

Now renting .....looking for part built/ renovation project

Some facts – Sold house - Exchanged, complete next week

Detached house Herts, bought in Q1 2006, not advertised and not a motivated seller, sold for 13% more than purchase price (less circa 4% we spent in renovation costs)

So net gain 9% in 5 years

Original buy and current sell costs (legal, stamp, agent fees etc) halves this number to circa 4.5%

Compound inflation during the same 5 year period (RPI) is circa 17%

So net net net ---- 2% loss over 5 years

**The EA value from peak (2207) to trough (2010) was a spread of 21% - fortunately I didn’t believe him on both accounts...

Now renting .....looking for part built/ renovation project

2027 may indeed be the year when things return to their peak nominal prices ... but even the hardiest bear might not hope for that much ... lol

Seriously though: I am really sorry you have lost out/not seen growth in your investment ... only you didn't lose out that much because for those years you would have had to pay rent ...?

I am a strong bear (believing the momentum *may* only be starting on the crash now) but I don't see rent appearing in your calculations ... but I do suspect 2% of the value may be less than what you would have paid in rent?

Aidanapword