House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Wait Until The Uk Property Bust Really Gets Going….

"My money (as of yesterday) is on a maintenance of what I call Dogmatic Denialism by the US, the EU, and the UK. Debt will not be forgiven, there will be no coordinated G20 strategy on either this or inflation, China is going to find itself the less than proud owner of self-inflicted stagflation on a grand scale, and over-leveraged Russia will struggle in an environment where industrial ennergy needs evaporate. In that context, some major defaults are a certainty – and thus the banking system in its current form will not survive.

For Western property owners, that is the unfactored development. All things considered, I think we will be very lucky if the average domestic property correction this time next year is under 25%."

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/crash-2-banking-crisis-wait-until-the-uk-property-bust-really-gets-going/

Edited by OLDFTB

Wait until the UK property bust gets going, righto matey, I've been waiting since 2004, im getting quite the hang of it actually.

yep and i suspect you may have a deposit ready to pounce in the unlikely event of any crash

also i cant see london falling 25% this time next year- barring an absolute catastrophe

Edited by IDN

also i cant see london falling 25% this time next year- barring an absolute catastrophe

Catastrophe right around the corner.

Civil war in Greece.

Contagion spreading.

Greece is the word...to coin a phrase, or has that been used before :lol:

Catastrophe right around the corner.

Civil war in Greece.

Contagion spreading.

Greece is the word...to coin a phrase, or has that been used before :lol:

nah -the media have got Greece contained - does joe public understand or even know about whats happening in greece right now? they sure as hell dont know the consequences-

"My money (as of yesterday) is on a maintenance of what I call Dogmatic Denialism by the US, the EU, and the UK. Debt will not be forgiven, there will be no coordinated G20 strategy on either this or inflation, China is going to find itself the less than proud owner of self-inflicted stagflation on a grand scale, and over-leveraged Russia will struggle in an environment where industrial ennergy needs evaporate. In that context, some major defaults are a certainty – and thus the banking system in its current form will not survive.

For Western property owners, that is the unfactored development. All things considered, I think we will be very lucky if the average domestic property correction this time next year is under 25%."

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/crash-2-banking-crisis-wait-until-the-uk-property-bust-really-gets-going/

...any new CEO with will insist on writing off these loans to bad debts thus ensuring his/her years when any recoveries are made they go straight to profit....and bonuses... :rolleyes:

i like the below part

Tired parallel or not, the Titanic’s loss still remains the best analogy: 67% of the submersion of the ship took place in the last ten minutes before it disappeared below the waves.

nah -the media have got Greece contained - does joe public understand or even know about whats happening in greece right now? they sure as hell dont know the consequences-

I disagree.

Practising my new Spanish on Spanish waiting and bar staff In Canaries last week, I got a universal response to my question...."what impression do you have of the economical and politcal situation in Spain at the moment ?"( Michel Thomas learners step forward)...100% said things in Spain are very bad, and Zapotera is to blame.

Greece is "Total" was the next comment....and I asked why and she said "where is the Greece here?"...normally a good few at the hotel...NONE at that time ( last week). Indeed Germans were thinner on the ground than I was used to.

People know the confidence game is being played.

I disagree.

Practising my new Spanish on Spanish waiting and bar staff In Canaries last week

People know the confidence game is being played.

the spanish know theyre fukd and they know the greeks are fukd they probably think we're fukd too- our lot have their heads in the sand and the media wont tell them how bad it is out there- we're oblivious to whats going on.

It's different this time*

The property crash may be called by agents desparate to find sales. They have a choice between their jobs and their portfolios. Their jobs will win.

Big chains are likely to call the get out now before you're toast scenario. We could go through the fear phase and into capitulation faster than we have ever seen.

Agents now know they are screwed and the only way out is a price fall, which will inevitably be followed by the increased market activity they need.

*It's different every time.