House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_dork

Men's Skincare

Mine has always been simple: eat healthily, don't smoke, try not to drink too much. Wash once a day, only with water in the shower.

However, I''m now getting a few random pimples.

Does anyone bother with the expensive moisturisers/cleansers/toners/creams? Or even the cheap ones?

My understanding of the science, is that these can only really make a small % difference, as with most health issues it comes from within. I'm open minded to trying something new though not sure where to start

So come on men of the twenty first century, own up-who here tones and exfoliates and what do you use?

Sodium bicarbonate and water - doesn't strip out the oil + the grains of powder deliver a good scrub. Just wet your palms and face, rub powder into palms, and wash.

I still use pre-shave + gel for a close shave couple times a week. Could do with suggestions for a natural way.

Good diet is key.

Arguably the best thing you can do for your skin is protect it from the sun.

Even sun cream has it's critics on these forums, but personally I think it makes sense.

Even sun cream has it's critics on these forums, but personally I think it makes sense.

Sun cream? I wear a hat.... a bloke said my Stetson looked funny the other day... I saw him walking back from town pink as a lobster a few hours later :lol:

Sodium bicarbonate and water - doesn't strip out the oil + the grains of powder deliver a good scrub. Just wet your palms and face, rub powder into palms, and wash.

I still use pre-shave + gel for a close shave couple times a week. Could do with suggestions for a natural way.

Good diet is key.

Heard so much about the advantages of sodium bicarbonate this week! Thanks for the tip. :D

Why would bicarb of soda be good , it's a highly alkaline material.The pH of the skin is slightly acid so it would cause irritation.Unless your skin is already like a piexe of leather , in which case i recommend leather conditioner instead.

Depends on your complexion and it's certainly bad to stay for hours but a bit of sunlight clears the skin and gives a nice vitamin D boost

When I shave it's with hot water and tea tree and mint foam (icy!) - and one of those Gillette 5-bladed razors. Really makes a difference.

Wash with only water? No thanks!

All the rest as usual... eat healthily, don't smoke and drink very rarely (one every 3 months), sometimes put a tad of moisturiser on if face a bit dry. Nothing out of the ordinary really - ALTHOUGH.... my eyes often look very tired and baggy, and I'm young...! So would really like to know if anybody knows of something to help. I saw a small stick of something in Morrissons the other day but it cost £11!!!

I get spots if I eat rubbish, especially chocolate. So it's like an in-built negative feedback I've got going on - keeps me healthy.

sounds like many sacrifice living a life in order to have baby soft skin. :lol:

www.nancyboyz.com

I use nivea moisturiser for my hands and face, but purely because I get very dry skin which feels uncomfortable after showering. I get quite dirty at work so I have to scrub my hands and wash my face quite roughly which doesn't do my skin any good. I never get pimples or spots though I don't think this is anything to do with moisturiser though.

Edit: it's not a gay thread, it's metrosexual!

my eyes often look very tired and baggy, and I'm young...! So would really like to know if anybody knows of something to help.

Isn't cucumber supposed to be good for that? On your face, not eaten.

I could be wrong. Some women just think they look cool with cucumber slices on their eyes....

When buying bars of soap always buy the cheapest in the shop. Our last lot was 27pence a pack of four. The cheapest is best because it just contains soap and not some other nonsence added for marketing purposes.

I use nivea moisturiser for my hands and face, but purely because I get very dry skin which feels uncomfortable after showering. I get quite dirty at work so I have to scrub my hands and wash my face quite roughly which doesn't do my skin any good. I never get pimples or spots though I don't think this is anything to do with moisturiser though.

Edit: it's not a gay thread, it's metrosexual!

Yep, I use a moisturiser based facial wash stuff...Soap just dries my skin out horrendously...

Isn't cucumber supposed to be good for that? On your face, not eaten.

I could be wrong. Some women just think they look cool with cucumber slices on their eyes....

I think that more sleep, more water and less beer is better for baggy eyes than lying around with bits of salad on your face tbh

I think that more sleep, more water and less beer is better for baggy eyes than lying around with bits of salad on your face tbh

All entirely true. Or you could just do what I did and put the matter out of your mind until you were too old for it to matter.

All entirely true. Or you could just do what I did and put the matter out of your mind until you were too old for it to matter.

tbh this thread does seem very gay, I thought that men who were concerned about their looks would be building muscle and getting rid of belly fat not chatting about beauty creams and wrinkles ffs.

Diet, exercise and sleep will do as much as any cream.

And, suncream is a load of shite, bigger con than carbon credits.

Breathing through the nose is the best thing to reduce puffy or swollen eyes as a sinus cavity produces Nitrous Oxide which helps the lungs expand more than breathing through the mouth and also filters the air so all in all helping to get better quality of sleep.

Ok, so I will hit the gym, eat lots of protein, drink lots of water and sleep well.

You can breath through your nose all day long.

The only difference between us will be that I dont have bags and you have a nose full of shit every day.

eh?

With all due respect that was a pretty stoopid suggestion.

You feel free to breath though your nose all day long and see what happens.

Like I said, water, diet and sleep would be my answer but if you want to challenge that wisdom with simply breathing through your nose then feel free.

It is a stoopid experiment that I already know the answer to so wont be wasting any time on but you feel free.

And, suncream is a load of shite, bigger con than carbon credits.

How'd you work that one out then?