House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaynewcastle

Who's Having A Day Off On Thursday ?

Looks like it's going to be a bit of a non-event around this way.

There are four teachers striking at our local school.

The head has already arranged cover.

[quote name=Oh Well :(' timestamp='1309294571' post='3038406]

I haven't worked since 1999 so will be the same for me as any other day!

...are you speaking as per your photograph...Gordon Brown....?... :rolleyes:

I'm having my day off tomorrow. Don't want to have to mix with all the people NOT ON PICKET LINES.

If you're going to go on strike it should be the law you have to spend the entire normal work time at a picket line.

I've been retired for three years. But, if I were in the UK, I'd be tempted to go to work on principle :P.

Mrs P has hit the jackpot. NASUWT member in a school of NUT ers.She gets a day free of pesky varmints and can do the lesson preparation she normally does at the weekend- result!

im working, but i'm looking forward to the schools being off, it will shave 10 mins on a 30 min drive to work, less people on the roads generally as well.

I'm setting my alarm 10mins later tomorrow, as there will be be much less traffic on the roads!

I would normally shave 35 mins of an 1 hour drive to work when the schools are closed, except I've not got a car at the moment.

I'm going to be looking forward to having a seat on the train in the morning for once though :)

im working, but i'm looking forward to the schools being off, it will shave 10 mins on a 30 min drive to work, less people on the roads generally as well.

Yes, I wish the strike were on Friday as I have a fair bit of driving to do.