House Price Crash Forum

More Graduate Gloom

HOLA441

That's total crap. The big accountants pull in several thousand each per year on their own.

Try adding up all the numbers on here.

Here are all the numbers , the top 100 employers , the intake for 2010 of 15k and pay stats etc ....

www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf

Yes we have one firm of accountants that take over 1,000 they just happen to be the largest

Now tell me its total crap ?

HOLA442

Do you have more respect for someone who sits on the dole or someone who does on of these 'dead end jobs' ?

Some people may look down on binmen but personally i just see it as something that needs to be done and people obviously have to do those jobs.

It is not about respect , read the context of the post before replying.

The topic is about Graduates fighting for jobs people who have stayed on in full time education untill they are 21+ and not being able to get employment .

My post was showing how different things were back in 1979 , when everyone got a good job at 16 with a few qualifications and only those with no qualifications had little choice.

HOLA443

Maybe the dead end job of today is the opportunity of tomorrow , but more likley the opportunity of today is going to be the dead end job of tomorrow or gone.

Quite possibly. But who knows. Opportunity is everywhere - if you look hard enough.

Exactly. They are only dead end jobs if you have dead end ambitions.

Yep. Something is only dead end if you want it to be dead end. Even if it is working for minimum wage for a year to save up 1k to start some wee cunning idea of a business you have. Opportunities are there.

Most students are just wasting their money by getting a worthless degree at a so-called university. They may as well go travelling for three years as that will also give them a good life experience.

Quite agree. Doing lots of random jobs in different countries is great practice for what life throws at you.

These super sucess stories are the exception and not the norm, and remember those who did the super sucess stories would they be able to replicate it now?

The Tesco guy for example would not have been offered the shelf stacker job, instead an Eastern European would have been offered it on NMW.

First bit - of course. But they do show what is possible.

Second bit - come on Ken you are having a laugh. Tesco's are full of spotty 17 year olds. Maybe there some Poles etc.. arounds as well - but not exactly taking up every job. Sounds like a Daily Mail story to me. :D

It is not about respect , read the context of the post before replying.

The topic is about Graduates fighting for jobs people who have stayed on in full time education untill they are 21+ and not being able to get employment .

My post was showing how different things were back in 1979 , when everyone got a good job at 16 with a few qualifications and only those with no qualifications had little choice.

So times change. And you do what you have to do. Such is life and such is the Wolrd. Has this ever been any different ?

No doubt this country is very ******ed in a lot of very different ways. However you have two options. Get on with it and find the opportunities that still exist and always will - or move elsewhere.

HOLA444

So times change. And you do what you have to do. Such is life and such is the Wolrd. Has this ever been any different ?

No doubt this country is very ******ed in a lot of very different ways. However you have two options. Get on with it and find the opportunities that still exist and always will - or move elsewhere.

No one on this thread has said otherwise , but the context of the thread is how few openings there are for Graduates and I was just comparing then with now.

Nice to see you agree how fked the country is even if we still have to hear the old try harder record from you.

HOLA445

How 'few openings there are' for graduates. Of course. But we are comparing to a fairly small period of time when graduates had it fairly easy.

It is not great just now. However everything is relative.

I like to whinge about things AND get on with it. Lots of other people like to whinge about things AND whinge about things ANd whinge about things...

Their loss. Not mine.