House Price Crash Forum

China Signs £1.4Bn In Uk Trade Deals

HOLA441

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/254b7294-a0b0-11e0-b14e-00144feabdc0,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2F254b7294-a0b0-11e0-b14e-00144feabdc0.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.housepricecrash.co.uk%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D165819

image-16-for-editorial-pics-28-june-2011-gallery-379327000.jpg

This really puts the deficit into perspective for me. We hail our business success, a summit with the PM of each country, fan-fair and jubilation for a 1.4Bn deal.

Assuming tax will be paid on this income at 20% corporation tax rate on an optimistic 50% profit margin = £140m tax revenue or less than 1% of last months deficit covered

It's the recovereh!! :rolleyes:

Edited by athom

HOLA442

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/254b7294-a0b0-11e0-b14e-00144feabdc0.html

This really puts the deficit into perspective for me. We hail our business success, a summit with the PM of each country, fan-fair and jubilation for a 1.4Bn deal.

Assuming tax will be paid on this income at 20% corporation tax rate on an optimistic 50% profit margin = £140m tax revenue or less than 1% of last months deficit covered

It's the recovereh!! :rolleyes:

The word "million" is now bandied about like the word "thousands".

Remember the uproar at getting the Olympics at £9 billion? Turned to relative chicken feed in 5 years flat.

HOLA443

The word "million" is now bandied about like the word "thousands".

Remember the uproar at getting the Olympics at £9 billion? Turned to relative chicken feed in 5 years flat.

Not relative to my salary it's not.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

So the shopping basket isn't about to get any cheaper then.... So not really news: Still more stagflation to come...

The Chinese will more likely buy the bits of animals we don't like, or too squeamish to consider.

HOLA448

The deals include an agreement between BG, the UK energy group, and the Bank of China for up to $1.5bn of new funding options to expand projects in China.

I suppose the money must come back to the UK :unsure: not just end up in BG's Bank of China branch.

Even so it's not exactly an economy changing amount and it's not expanding any projects in the UK which is what Evan Davies TV programme said the UK needs to make stuff etc.

Maybe there's a behind the scenes arrangement for China to bailout the UK's debt maybe in exchange for London and maybe Ireland and other stuff. The Chinese were in Ireland just recently giving it a look over.

Edited by billybong

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The Chinese will more likely buy the bits of animals we don't like, or too squeamish to consider.

Nah the thing is the English do eat these sorts of things, it is just that it is disguised into other things.

Thus while you may well visit a Chinese supermarket and see things such as : wombs, ovaries intestines etc. Even arteries hearts eyes, feet cartilidge etc.

In the UK we stick those things into low grade meats like the cheapest hams made from reclaimed meat sausages and pies.

HOLA4412

Shame. I was hoping it was some recycled sh!t that we could let them have back.

We tried that already, they just keep turning it all into other kinds of shit and send it back again with a premium on top. Nothing forcing us to buy it though

HOLA4413

Didn't the last Prime Minister also do a deal with China, and wasn't it also also offal sales such as pig trotters and wasn't it also heavily publicised and it didn't it also not alter the trade balance in any way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1576184/Britain-agrees-deal-to-sell-pigs-trotters-to-China.html

The Chinese must be wondering how many times the current ruling UK party can trade the same offal before the public find them out.

HOLA4414

Didn't the last Prime Minister also do a deal with China, and wasn't it also also offal sales such as pig trotters and wasn't it also heavily publicised and it didn't it also not alter the trade balance in any way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1576184/Britain-agrees-deal-to-sell-pigs-trotters-to-China.html

The Chinese must be wondering how many times the current ruling UK party can trade the same offal before the public find them out.

damn there's a joke in there somewhere but seriously is that all we've got left to sell? Pig bits. I honestly can't see how we are going to ever be anything like as "comfortably well off" again.

HOLA4415

In fact what is he thinking.

Is he as excited to be receiving our pigs arses as we clearly are to have found a buyer for them. I think it can probably be boiled down to two words -

"wen won" He must be laughing his head off in there.

HOLA4416

damn there's a joke in there somewhere but seriously is that all we've got left to sell? Pig bits. I honestly can't see how we are going to ever be anything like as "comfortably well offal" again.

Did I win?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418