House Price Crash Forum

Merv In Front Of Select Committee

HOLA441

True. King has sent some quite direct and public messages to Union bosses, like: "If wages start to rise I'll be forced to raise the base rate / mortgages will go up". And it seems to be working.

And if you do nothing I'll let inflation rip and you won't be able to pay your mortgage as you won't have a job.

HOLA442

Nah he wasn't.

I saw him on television at Wimbledon, centre court. Sitting at the back and old Georgey Boy Osbourne sitting at the front (they aren't talking at the mo it seems).

I liked what the commentator said "I bet they didn't have to queue!"

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2009374/No-rate-rises-unemployment-drops-economy-grows-says-Mervyn-King.html

So interest rates aren't going to go up until unemployment gets better, but inflation destroys jobs...

It's shocking. I'm surprised Sterling hasn't tumbled on King's statement. The BoE are just another directionless bunch of parasites. Their idiotic policies are desperate measures to prevent a housing bust. They don't care about anything else. King reckons that lenders won't raise rates if the BoE raises the base rate! This guy is deluded. If that's the case he can raise the base rate to 6%, where it should be, and help out the savers.

Britain's banks are heavily exposed to the Greek banks. House sales are at an all time low. Unemployment is rising. Sounds like another round of QE to me.

HOLA446

Nah he wasn't.

I saw him on television at Wimbledon, centre court. Sitting at the back and old Georgey Boy Osbourne sitting at the front (they aren't talking at the mo it seems).

I liked what the commentator said "I bet they didn't have to queue!"

And I'll bet they didn't have to pay either. Another taxpayer funded jolly.

Edited by billybong