House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Evan Davis On Bbc2 Now, Documentary, On What We Export

intellectual exports vs industry

on now, 9pm BBC2

i've wandered into this after the tennis.

it's going to be shit ain't it.

the world has been catching up, growth growth growth. :blink:

Drums rolling and trumpets blaring etc "Creativity and innovation are the lifeblood of the British economy" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What, not the housing market and taxpayers bailouts and keeping interest rates at 400 year lows.

Edited by billybong

radio times has it about being the making of glass.

thank god i mean thaqt and saved myself the next 40 mins.

evan said 'money' in a dirty tone though.

Drums rolling and trumpets blaring etc "Creativity and innovation are the lifeblood of the British economy" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL. Surely the printing press, MEW, Fiat currency nonsense and ponzi schemes are what the British do best!

now he's on about pennicilian.

good god, he may as well be standing in each shot with a bunch of straws.

glaxo - very 'british' :unsure:

The example shown for the value of design vs manufacture, a bloody iPhone :lol:

You don't make phone calls?

The trick he is missing is that whilst we need the high value stuff, not everyone can be an inventor or advertiser. We need unskilled work for our unskilled labour. The basic point he is making, that manufacturing alone does not make an economy is correct, and a point that appears to fly over the head of many on this forum.

You don't make phone calls?

The trick he is missing is that whilst we need the high value stuff, not everyone can be an inventor or advertiser. We need unskilled work for our unskilled labour. The basic point he is making, that manufacturing alone does not make an economy is correct, and a point that appears to fly over the head of many on this forum.

The "fact" some people are missing is that the so called knowledge economy is being exported wholesale too <_<

i feel i may have to give up now he's not prepared to discuss the monetary system as a problem.

The "fact" some people are missing is that the so called knowledge economy is being exported wholesale too <_<

Such as? Or you mean the Chinese invented iPhones?

I thought they were mainly refurbishing defunct Russian aircraft carriers and designing shite 30 year old versions of the stealth fighter

It was wine drinking that powered the industrial revolution. The Chinese stuck with tea drinking and missed out. Think about it!

Now he is talking about the fact that not everyone can be an inventor. Shall see where it heads

Now a rubiks cube solver. Have I stumbled on a satire by mistake?

Such as? Or you mean the Chinese invented iPhones?

I thought they were mainly refurbishing defunct Russian aircraft carriers and designing shite 30 year old versions of the stealth fighter

Such as Glaxo

"Or you mean the Chinese invented iPhones?" - didn't realise I said that , you suffer from dyslexia ? :lol:

Such as Glaxo

"Or you mean the Chinese invented iPhones?" - didn't realise I said that , you suffer from dyslexia ? :lol:

Read the article - you'll have to point out the bit where they said they were recruiting Chinese medical researchers, I appear to have missed it. You didn't say they invented iPhones, but you appeared to state they are matching us in R&D or that our R&D is being exported.

I await an example of the amazing Chinese R&D

Edited by FaFa!

I shall sleep easier knowing that Britain leads the world in biscuits.

Meanwhile India are launching rockets and building Thorium reactors.

Our future is in a piece of fattening shit called the Kitkat!

UK sells float glass. Ground breaking stuff.

Secret Roswell technology for sure.

What really depressed me is that Pilkingtons is now owned by a Japanese company

'We are good at marketing to ourselves rather than others'..... that's because no one is stupid enough to believe the crap we are marketed

Edited by robo1968

Read the article - you'll have to point out the bit where they said they were recruiting Chinese medical researchers, I appear to have missed it. You didn't say they invented iPhones, but you appeared to state they are matching us in R&D or that our R&D is being exported.

I await an example of the amazing Chinese R&D

Looks like its started to me:

Glaxo - Made in China

Never mind eh :lol:

One of the problems with this program is that its pretty difficult to "glam-up" any knowledge based work for TV. The reality is sitting in an office surrounded by technical documents staring at computer screens. Wouldn't appeal to the X-Factor generation.

Edited by waynezilla