House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milton

The Real Price Of Gold

On Channel 4 now.

Interesting. Not one UK high street jewellery store know's where their gold is sourced from.

It all comes from Banks Vaults, and the Banks are not at liberty to tell the stores the source.:rolleyes:

Child Slavery is one source.

7f359845-570b-4d73-bfe9-eefa705eb3e0_200x113.jpg

http://www.channel4....es-94/episode-1

Dispatches challenges the British gold jewellery industry to come clean about where the gold in their jewellery comes from. Businesswoman Deirdre Bounds, who ran a successful ethical travel company, reveals what's wrong with the industry and goes on the road to present her unique take on how things could be done very differently.

Secretly filming at Britain's biggest high street jewellery chains, Bounds exposes shop assistants giving vastly misleading information about where the gold in their jewellery is mined. Then, unable to get a straight answer from the stores, Bounds travels to the mines where some gold is sourced.

In Senegal, she meets a child miner and reveals his hazardous daily existence at an illegal mine. She also looks at allegations that a large-scale industrial mine in Honduras has caused hair loss and rashes in the local population.

Shocked by what she's seen and the lack of traceability in the supply-chain, Bounds sets out to find how things could be done better.

In her search to find an alternative, she explores newly-launched Fairtrade and Fairmined gold and also how recycling old gold could offer an answer.

Going undercover, she finds one of Britain's largest gold manufacturers not living up to their pledge to support ethical alternatives. And she asks the British public to back her campaign to clean up the British jewellery industry.

On Channel 4 now.

Interesting. Not one UK high street jewellery store know's where their gold is sourced from.

It all comes from Banks Vaults, and the Banks are not at liberty to tell the stores the source.:rolleyes:

so let's guilt-trip everybody into not buying gold,while the big boys don't give a sh1t..hoover it all up and then implode paper....to be followed a few month later when eveyone is beaten into submission by........

answers on a postcard please!(and you can include all property rights to basics like agriculture/water/shelter in that mix...that is precisely how evil these people are)

nice little quote from the bible.

I trust you to buy from me gold tried in the fire(not ETF's)...and eyesalve so you can see clearly(don't be fooled by their bluffing,trickery and emotional blackmail)

so let's guilt-trip everybody into not buying gold,while the big boys don't give a sh1t..hoover it all up and then implode paper....to be followed a few month later when eveyone is beaten into submission by........

answers on a postcard please!(and you can include all property rights to basics like agriculture/water/shelter in that mix...that is precisely how evil these people are)

nice little quote from the bible.

I trust you to buy from me gold tried in the fire(not ETF's)...and eyesalve so you can see clearly(don't be fooled by their bluffing,trickery and emotional blackmail)

+ 1 million. Classic propaganda to keep the sheep out of gold so they get fleeced.

And what in our world isn't made with child slavery, I don't see them getting all upset about the cobalt that gets mined in the congo for mobile phones, or the nikes that you wear on your feet that were stitched together by little hands.

In UN studies they prove that there is more slavery today then there ever was, are we ment to believe that its all mining gold.

Sorry I'm not going to buy the ******** just the gold so I can get through whats coming.

Yes I thought the thrust of the programme was naive. I sympathise about the african children enduring dangerous working conditions of course, however the real culprit is the corruption brought about by the political leaders of african states, not the ore they are mining or the purchasers of the end product.

On Channel 4 now.

What's the point of your thread?

How about looking at the dead children our UK military is directly causing in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya in our lust for energy.

Or by proxy, the human suffering our UK arms exports make by supporting the warlords who send children down diamond and gold mines all over Africa and elsewhere.

Why not talk about the enforced child labour used in Malaysia, China, India which gives you the cheap high street products you see every day in any town UK.

Get real.