House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thecrashingisles

The Swimming 'industry'

Completely off-topic but this article must win a prize for the most inappropriate use of the word industry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2008622/Olympic-winner-Rebecca-Adlington-finds-love-fellow-swimmer-Harry-Needs.html

Olympic medallist Rebecca Adlington has revealed she is dating fellow swimmer Harry Needs.

The 22-year-old athlete, who split from her ex-boyfriend Andy Mayor three years ago, said she is hoping the new relationship will help propel her to victory when the London Olympics come around next year.

And Rebecca added that fact that Harry is in the same industry as her means there is more understanding between them.

She said: 'He appreciates the focus I need and the sacrifices I have to make.

'Harry is just like me, really driven. We got to bed pretty early and rest at the weekends.'

In fact, talking about ex Mayor before their split, Rebecca said it was their shared love of swimming that formed such a big part of their relationship.

Rebecca said one of the reasons the relationship works is because Harry is a swimmer himself and understands the industry

What's wrong with it? Sport is entertainment. People pay to watch professional sportspeople and professional entertainers. No difference between a swimmer or a singer.

Completely off-topic but this article must win a prize for the most inappropriate use of the word industry.

http://www.dailymail...arry-Needs.html

Which bust French bank sponsors the French Open Tennis? BNP I think.

Saw the bust Santander signs all over the Grand Prix Yesterday.

Barclays Prem League etc. etc.

Its not a business sport, its an opportunity for some very bust companies to create normalcy bias.

It won't last

Its not a business sport, its an opportunity for some very bust companies to create normalcy bias.

It won't last

Nice one. :lol:

Nice one. :lol:

Did you see the GP? Santander were everywhere - When Greece goes she will take down the European banks and the US banks through their Credit default swaps derivative bet fred/fair bookmaking operations and sets off a contagion and its bye bye to many professional sports.

I guess the start of the open era and professionalism coincided with Nixon and the start of the paper ponzi bubble so it will end shortly,.unless they are all sponsored by the Peoples Bank of China next.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2008622/Olympic-winner-Rebecca-Adlington-finds-love-fellow-swimmer-Harry-Needs.html

Agreed - job, business, but not industry. What the feck does she make (except little farts in the water from time to time) ? :D

Mind you that nose of hers is pretty aerodynamic - must help cut through the water!

Maybe 200 years ago industry meant rivets and railway tracks, but the developed world has moved on, surely most of us recognise that Rebecca Adlington applies her skills and time to produce a marketable good (sporting entertainment for broadcast) and this is industry?

It won't last

Maybe not in the current form but if you think that football, swimming, motor racing, horse racing etc will disappear due to the economic crisis then you are going to be very disappointed. They have already seen off the Great Depression and two World Wars. The games and the shows will go on regardless of whether they are deemed productive or not.

Maybe not in the current form but if you think that football, swimming, motor racing, horse racing etc will disappear due to the economic crisis then you are going to be very disappointed. They have already seen off the Great Depression and two World Wars. The games and the shows will go on regardless of whether they are deemed productive or not.

You will notice I used the word professional sports - they will then return to the games they used to be.

You need to have an idle population to entertain quite so much.

No dissapointment here TBH.

Think games and circuses - like the fall of the empires.