House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Quick Forum Opinion

basically i have an old crt tv in the kitchen that i need to replace re the digital switchover.

it's not due to change in my area until september, but do people think that prices of tv's will rise due to the switchover or will there be big discounting (esp of old stock)?

why don't you just buy a freeview box for about £10-£15 instead?

Extra thing to plug into the wall, Another Remote control to loose/replace batteries, more electricity being used, etc.

for the smaller TV's no i dont think they will rise in price, but Digital/wide band aerials and fitting services will

I voted no because if they rise in price they will just shoot themselves in the foot as more people watch TV via computers nowdays anyway.Rise in price will increase that trend further.

You area has benefited from been late in the switch over, it was done here in Oct 2009. (I didn't notice not having a TV) but external freeview receivers (& DVR) are much cheaper than two years ago, while most new TV's now also support HD vis FreeSat & Freeview HD as well as standard freeview.

You area has benefited from been late in the switch over, it was done here in Oct 2009. (I didn't notice not having a TV) but external freeview receivers (& DVR) are much cheaper than two years ago, while most new TV's now also support HD vis FreeSat & Freeview HD as well as standard freeview.

cheers evryone for the votes and answers - this one sticks with my thinking that they won't rise though, the switchover has been that long running they've have to overprice for years.

re the set-top boxes i haven't really got the room or a connection without running a cable round the house so will try digital mobile aerials.

i'm going to wait till until the month of switchoverthough, no point in buying early tbh.