House Price Crash Forum

Low Pay According To The Public Sector

HOLA441

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/866364-police-and-nurses-sell-details-of-crash-victims

Police and nurses 'sell details of crash victims', says Claims Council

Police and health workers are selling details of crash victims to personal injury lawyers at £100 a time, according to leading trade body the Claims Council.

The organisation, which represents 120 claims management firms, has alleged that police who attend accident scenes and hospital staff can receive significant fees for passing on the details of the injured to personal injury lawyers.

Personal injury lawyers then cold call or blanket text those involved in the accident, encouraging them to make a claim.

It is not illegal for individuals to refer accidents to lawyers but it is illegal for professions charged with protecting personal data, such as police and health professionals, to do so.

‘We are aware that police officers, nurses, doctors, ambulance men and women have sold details of accident victims to claims management companies,’ said Andrew Wigmore, a Claims Council spokesman.

‘Remember, for low-paid workers such as policemen and women, it is very tempting if you are offered between £50 and £100 just for personal details.’

The boom in personal injury claims over recent years has been a major influence on rising premiums.

The Association of Chief Police Officers said the practice was illegal and would be rigorously investigated.

‘Where there are allegations about an individual officer, or a recovery operator, taking money to provide details of accident victims to claims management companies without their prior consent, these should be reported to the local police force,’ a spokesman added.

Unison’s head of nursing, Gail Adams, said the union was not aware of any of its nurses or midwives passing on information for cash.

‘But if they did they would be breaching patient confidentiality and risk being dismissed, if proven by the Nursing and Midwifery Council,’ she added.

‘This goes against the moral relationship patients have with the nurse and against their whole code of conduct.’

Excuse me but police and nurses are low paid.... FFS they should try being on LESS than NMW (which apparently I'm on for my here and there jobs)......

HOLA442

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/866364-police-and-nurses-sell-details-of-crash-victims

Excuse me but police and nurses are low paid.... FFS they should try being on LESS than NMW (which apparently I'm on for my here and there jobs)......

A mate of mine is currently involved in action against a former employer, he injured himself at work, the only people who knew where his boss and his doctor.... Then the phone rang and it was a lawyer, can't see that the boss dobbed himself in.... This is wrong and people should get canned for it

HOLA443
HOLA444

My 'low paid' PC brother is on £37k before over time. No qualifications, No special skills.

Thats after 15 years at the lowest level in GMP.

Do you think that is low pay?

if he'd joinmed the PWC grad scheme and made partner he'd be on £150k, which is highly likely, so frankly he's underpaid and I'm surprised you haven't given him a BJ yet

HOLA445
HOLA446

This is a sackable offence and will result in any Nurse or Doctor being struck off, rightly so as it entails multiple breaches of Code of Conduct.

Is it possible to sack anyone for anything in the public sector?

Apparently presiding over the worst child protection authority in the country isnt enough to dispose of Sharon Shameless Shoesmith

HOLA447

Apparently presiding over the worst child protection authority in the country isnt enough to dispose of Sharon Shameless Shoesmith

Captain Kirk probably crashes sentient computers by asking them to choose between humiliating Ed Balls* or humiliating Shoesmith...

* I did originally write "humiliating balls", but it didn't come out right...

HOLA448

Is it possible to sack anyone for anything in the public sector?

Ed Balls couldn't even sack an inept, arrogant and useless manager properly, why should anyone listen to what he has to say?

HOLA449

A mate of mine is currently involved in action against a former employer, he injured himself at work, the only people who knew where his boss and his doctor.... Then the phone rang and it was a lawyer, can't see that the boss dobbed himself in.... This is wrong and people should get canned for it

People are canned for it in the NHS. If the employer told his insurance company then, according the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning, bizarrely the insurance company may very well have forwarded the dx onto a claims company.

Edited by Radge

HOLA4410

I remember a thread on here in the not so distant past, where lots of people stated an income of mid £40 k wasn't high.

Now there's criticism on this thread of highly paid nurses & policemen (public sector) on high wages of under £40k. Most of them are probably under £30k to be honest

Suppose it all depends what your agenda on here is at the end of the day. Seems to me some people like to try & defend their "lowly" private sector wages, but quite happy to have a pop at any public sector worker on a lower wage :rolleyes:

Edited by jaynewcastle

HOLA4411

I remember a thread on here in the not so distant past, where lots of people stated an income of mid £40 k wasn't high.

Now there's criticism on this thread of highly paid nurses & policemen (public sector) on high wages of under £40k. Most of them are probably under £30k to be honest

Suppose it all depends what your agenda on here is at the end of the day. Seems to me some people like to try & defend their "lowly" private sector wages, but quite happy to have a pop at any public sector worker on a lower wage :rolleyes:

well done on your make believe private sector wages, the silly public sector selective stats award goes to, well you and soem others

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Go and have a look at the thread then. Its there in black and white B)

It was around the time that people who don't pay any attention to the budget started realising the higher rate threshold had come down for 2011-12, & they were liable to 40% tax.

No point arguing here. Your supposed to bash the public sector here in private sector Tory heartland...:ph34r:

HOLA4414

Factor in pension rights and that £40,000 is more like £50,000 in the private sector; factor in hours worked and it's probably more like £60,000.

HOLA4415

Factor in pension rights and that £40,000 is more like £50,000 in the private sector; factor in hours worked and it's probably more like £60,000.

evidence or hearsay ? or just plain bo11ox ?

HOLA4416

I know some £12k librarians who have lost their jobs.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I like to knock the public sector as much as the next man, but in this case are accident suffers not just wrongly concluding that their policeman or nurse, being the only stranger with who they have discussed the incident, must have passed their number to the personal injury lawyer who has called them, whereas in fact personal injury lawyers are just working their way through every number going at the moment?

HOLA4420

Go and have a look at the thread then. Its there in black and white B)

It was around the time that people who don't pay any attention to the budget started realising the higher rate threshold had come down for 2011-12, & they were liable to 40% tax.

spectacular straw man, it's tiring to even thi9nk of explaining you the depth of your ratiionalisation

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

...agreed....but whatever ...this is bribery and corruption ...we need bounty hunters to nail these crooks within society.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

so a thick plod earns as much as an aerospace engineer working for BEA systems!!!

My 'low paid' PC brother is on £37k before over time. No qualifications, No special skills.

Thats after 15 years at the lowest level in GMP.

Do you think that is low pay?

HOLA4425

Feel free to disprove it.

20 - 25% for the pension is hardly a controversial figure, for the police it's more like 33%; try the ONS ASHEE for hours worked.

Cherry picking. The vast majority of public sector are paid considerabely less than £40k.

Feel free to provide evidence to demonstrate a broader base for your assertion.