House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MC Fur Q

Wanted: Quotes

I have a page of my favourite quotes on my blog. Over the years I've forgotten lots of great quotes and I'm not especially well read to have come across all the best ones.

Can you suggest any?

Suggest them here or post them onto the blog...

Cheers!:)

"Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing" - Voltaire

"This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit.

He must observe their mood on whom he jests, the quality of persons, and the time" - VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain. - Mark Twain :ph34r:

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein.

Like that one, I'll add it.

Already had the Mark Twain one.

Anybody who thinks they are a somebody is a nobody.

Me.

My favourite

Ex Labour Downing Street insider Phil Collins claims: “…listening to Labour on the economy is like letting the arsonist criticise the fireman.”

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--

-- Last words of Union commander General John Sedgwick, spoken as he was watching enemy troops at the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House.

I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees.

-- President George W. Bush, on the arborist coming to identify trees on his ranch.

If we let people see that kind of thing, there would never again be any war.

-- Senior Pentagon official, explaining why the U.S. military censored footage showing Iraqi soldiers sliced in two by U.S. helicopter fire.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

--George W. Bush, during a campaign speech in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

I, myself, thought we had dodged a bullet. You know why? Because I was listening to people, probably over the airways, say "The bullet has been dodged."

-- George W. Bush

I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue.

-- Richard Nixon, discussing Watergate in 1978