House Price Crash Forum
Starla

20K Flat (That's Really £239K) - Yours For Only £254Pw

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34042931.html

I've never heard of this way of buying a property ,what is it? Sounds desperate to me. The RM ad says...

"HOW IT WORKS- Pay the £20,000 upfront and then £254/week buys it. This is a payment plan and works just like a standard mortgage, but there is no bank involved. The purchase uses a standard legal contract between buyer's and seller's solicitors. You have complete flexibility to transfer the property over to a bank, pay it off or sell it any time within the next 10 years. This gives you time to build your credit rating to get a mortgage in the future.There is no need to save for huge 20% to 30% deposit and fit strict banking criteria to make this property your home! WHAT YOU NEED- A job or be self employed - The £20,000 deposit - The ability to make the weekly payments of £254 comfortably - The ability to move in to your new home within just a few weeks. Full Purchase Price £239,000"

Edited by Starla

and the area is not exactly classy, wouldn't go out at night alone.

Me neither, its a hole.

£254 a week. Congratulations! You've won a crack den.

Interesting. So if you were to lose your job, would you be entitled to SMI or LHA..... or maybe neither? dry.gif

edit: spelling

Edited by bomberbrown

£254 pw.

Why don't they quote it per day or per hour like an insurance company would....

"That's only £36.28 per day or a stunning £1.51 per hour. Amazing value for less than the price of a coffee."

Rooster > O.Fr. perche "unit of linear measurement" (5.5 yards) > Gk. perknos "dark-colored," perkazein "to become dark"

£254 pw.

Why don't they quote it per day or per hour like an insurance company would....

"That's only £36.28 per day or a stunning £1.51 per hour. Amazing value for less than the price of a coffee."

On reflection, what bothers me even more than the EA's using the sales tactics of a Sunday Supplement - "This beautiful handcrafted RAF fighter plane clock, yours in convenient monthly installments of £43.98 over 12 months (NOTE: price does not include clock)" is that I failed to notice this flat is £100,000 overpriced.

As in all the other cr*p flats in Streatham ARE marketed at £100,000 LESS.

Edit: To laugh.

Edited by Starla

Not a million miles from Streatham High Road, pronounced the most dangerous high street in Britain a few years ago.

Yet another set of Rightmove photos with not a book in view. I suspect all these self-store places are full of books and bookcases deposited by people wanting to make tiny properties appear bigger.

Not a million miles from Streatham High Road, pronounced the most dangerous high street in Britain a few years ago.

Yet another set of Rightmove photos with not a book in view. I suspect all these self-store places are full of books and bookcases deposited by people wanting to make tiny properties appear bigger.

The people prepared to pay such a high price for a flat, are probably both financially and functionally illiterate.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23955131-scandal-of-the-homes-with-not-a-single-book-to-read.do

As in all the other cr*p flats in Streatham ARE marketed at £100,000 LESS.

Edit: To laugh.

To be fair the total figure for this "deal" seems to include the cost of credit. Does anyone fancy working out what the equivalent interest rate of this offer is?