House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elvira2008

Have House Property Prices Increased In Ne Scotland?

I've been renting for the last 6 months due to work and have been monitoring the house prices around Aberdeen and Dundee.

The house prices valuations, according to Zoopla, have generally slowly fallen since January, but suddenly in the last few days the houses I've been monitoring around Aberdeen have gone up at least 6K and the couple of houses I've been monitoring in Dundee have risen nearly £15K.

Has anyone else noticed this in Zoopla or can anyone explain what has caused this sudden rise?

Are house prices still rising around Dundee and Aberdeen?

Thanks

I've been renting for the last 6 months due to work and have been monitoring the house prices around Aberdeen and Dundee.

The house prices valuations, according to Zoopla, have generally slowly fallen since January, but suddenly in the last few days the houses I've been monitoring around Aberdeen have gone up at least 6K and the couple of houses I've been monitoring in Dundee have risen nearly £15K.

Has anyone else noticed this in Zoopla or can anyone explain what has caused this sudden rise?

Are house prices still rising around Dundee and Aberdeen?

Thanks

Which bit of Zoopla are you looking at? Personally speaking I find some of their valuations questionable.

Personally speaking you can't beat a bit of Property Bee that should give you an idea of how long stuff is hanging around the market for and any drops (or increases) in prices for what is on the market.

Sadly I dont know anything about Dundee/Aberdeen

Which bit of Zoopla are you looking at? Personally speaking I find some of their valuations questionable.

Personally speaking you can't beat a bit of Property Bee that should give you an idea of how long stuff is hanging around the market for and any drops (or increases) in prices for what is on the market.

Sadly I dont know anything about Dundee/Aberdeen

Aberdeen Prices pretty stable due to offshore industry up here, busy place at the moment

Saying that youd get a house for valuation price now, when 2 / 3 years ago youd need to offer 30% or so over the valuation

HSPC tweeted yesterday that Scottish house prices are rising the fastest in Europe.....I tweeted back saying they should lay off the whisky but got no reply......

http://www.propertywire.com/news/europe/regional-prime-poroperty-uk-201109305629.html

is the article....I read it but didn't quite understand it, what is Prime Property and how do you get included in that category ?........ 6.5% increase in price since Jan or £2K per month....reads like an subliminal marketing ad for the primelocation.com website, then i can be a bit cynical. I don't believe anywhere has seen 6.5% increase in prices.

Edited by abroad

Has anything come on the market there at a silly price?

Where I am the zoopla value for next door shot up £30k when it went up for sale at £30k more than the previous sale in the street. When he took it off the market the value dropped £30k. Then when he put it back on the market with another agent at the same price the zoopla value again went back up £30k for it.

Has anything come on the market there at a silly price?

Where I am the zoopla value for next door shot up £30k when it went up for sale at £30k more than the previous sale in the street. When he took it off the market the value dropped £30k. Then when he put it back on the market with another agent at the same price the zoopla value again went back up £30k for it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Redhat....

The house next door was estimated around £270K a couple of months ago on zoopla. It was put on the market at o/o £300K as our neighbour needed to downsize after losing his job. It was sold soon after for £325K! Seems to me there are quite a few people round here with more money than sense.

We moved up near Aberdeen as my partner got a new job, but 9 months down the line we've realised we were better off living in Dundee on less money as at least we could afford to live there.

It's cold up here too.