House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Keep Your Nose Clean

The best thing anyone can do in a recession is keep that credit rating clean.

when its all over and done, and we have reached the near the bottom and wish to purchase, its the clean credit brigade that will do best.

I speak from personal expeirence here i after uni got myself into a bit of a financial mess, i bumped 2 credit cards and 2 overdrafts and student loans, all of which put ccj's against me.I have now about 1 year left for the last one to drop of the credit file.

In the meantime ive been able to build up a good rating again using credit cards, paying off and on time.I suggest anyone should do the same if they have this problem.Its no good just waiting for the bad credit ticks to disappear you got to at the same time activley create good new credit scores, as no credit rating is as bad as having a bad one.

I earned 25k last year and earned the same for he last 4 years, and i still cant evn get a cheque book still never mind a mortgage.Its not what you earn they look for its the credit info.

So what im trying to say here is dont just sit waiting for house prices to drop, but actively build and keep a good credit score as well.

All the people in this coming recession that have financial difficulties will not get out of them when things change, not for 6 years after they get there last ccj and maybe even longer unless all the companies take out a ccj at once.As this usually aint the case it can lead to even 10 years of no mortgages or cyrrent account or loans or nothing, by which time they will miss the boat once again.

So take it from me be smart and a good boy with the credit scoring system.

Edited by homeless

huh.

id rather go for broke. get up to 10 credit cards. max them out on a road trip from peterhead to truro in an old tr7. then when its backs against the wall, take off at speed from the following police sherpa vans and over the morrisons multi level car park 'thelma and louise' style/.

those mothers will never take ME alive.......

I speak from personal expeirence here i after uni got myself into a bit of a financial mess, i bumped 2 credit cards and 2 overdrafts and student loans, all of which put ccj's against me.I have now about 1 year left for the last one to drop of the credit file.

Good for you, you learned your lesson and have been working hard to pay it back. Well done!

I think more and more people will be starting to learn that lesson too in the next couple of years.

Guest consa
Good for you, you learned your lesson and have been working hard to pay it back. Well done!

I think more and more people will be starting to learn that lesson too in the next couple of years.

I don't think he said he had paid it back, just waiting the 6 years for the ccj to drop off the file.

i like right freds dead reply!!

Its what everyone else is doing ;-)

cant beat them - join them!

its doing what right fred said that got me into that mess in the first place