House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
right_freds_dead

Bored Now

after amy wasted hours ive not been on here for a long time. i know why. the fuse is lit. the results are in. your (30-40s) are not going to be in this game. theres no further point in discussing it.

lets just watch it all fry.

bye.

after amy wasted hours ive not been on here for a long time. i know why. the fuse is lit. the results are in. your (30-40s) are not going to be in this game. theres no further point in discussing it.

bye.

...gone with a posting flourish....you will be back to comment....it's difficult to ignore... :rolleyes:

bye.

what do you mean exactly????

bye.

Were you going to bump the other thread instead?

bye.

Sorry? It's Saturday night - have you had a few beers?

I could be like an English literature academic/student, inferring meaning from your post - perhaps you mean that ppl in their 30s and 40s are ****ed cos of housing situation because the house price crash will not happen in the forseeable future, or perhaps you mean that the world is going to shit at the moment and ppl in their 30s and 40s are ****ed. But, I find people who are deliberately vague are generally drunkwasted or numptys Whcih are you? :D:D:rolleyes:

Before you feck off completely. Remember you owe me £1.

You still fed up RFD... I told you mate. You need to listen to Radio optimistic again. :D

Exactly, feck me, the height of the 2009/10 DCB was the time to be despondent; now it's time to get yer marshmallows on sticks.

Am I missing something. I am still v despondent. Doesn't look like any crash even a tiny one is happening here (outer north London).

Do you mean its going to get interesting? Just spend this evening feel sad... came onto the site (haven't been on for a while) to cheer me up.

Am I missing something. I am still v despondent. Doesn't look like any crash even a tiny one is happening here (outer north London).

Do you mean its going to get interesting? Just spend this evening feel sad... came onto the site (haven't been on for a while) to cheer me up.

Well, given that all the major indices (except for the laughable DCLG and Academetrics) have been recording Y-o-Y falls is a reason to be cheerful in itself, no? Of course, London is still remaining annoyingly resilient; then again it wasn't immune 08/09 nor in the 90s.

I see nothing to dissuade me that a correction is in the offing.

It's hard to feel cheerful, but the absence of personal debt is a solid foundation.

To feel cheerful, I reckon you need to be able to quit the UK. The banks are so dishonest that I can't see beyond economic contraction, which is a disaster when the population is ageing so fast. Almost impossible to leave if you have kids - otherwise, possibilities will multiply so long as you don't owe money.

Well, given that all the major indices (except for the laughable DCLG and Academetrics) have been recording Y-o-Y falls is a reason to be cheerful in itself, no? Of course, London is still remaining annoyingly resilient; then again it wasn't immune 08/09 nor in the 90s.

Neither do I.

London has been propped up by the emerging nations' little property boom (Aus China Asia in the main AFAIK), and as commodities and property lose their sheen in those nations so their rich will stop buying into London, and again I think this is starting about now

London has been propped up by the emerging nations' little property boom (Aus China Asia in the main AFAIK), and as commodities and property lose their sheen in those nations so their rich will stop buying into London, and again I think this is starting about now

Absolutely, cash buyers (be they rich oligarchs, STRs or downsizers) can only prop-up the UK market for so long. That the indices are still heading south despite ZIRP, SMI, lender forebearance (and any other prop you care to mention) tells me that the 'recovery' has run out of road.

Absolutely, cash buyers (be they rich oligarchs, STRs or downsizers) can only prop-up the UK market for so long. That the indices are still heading south despite ZIRP, SMI, lender forebearance (and any other prop you care to mention) tells me that the 'recovery' has run out of road.

They might find other props but even if they do those props will run out of steam eventually. Present levels of prices are simply unsustainable by demand, i.e. desire plus funds. Funds will run out. That is a mathematical certainty and desire will follow as sentiment becomes jaded, as is already happening.

So, do I get the prize for most boring post, stating what we all know? :)

I know that recent news has been good but it is easy to get despondent.

I've wanted to move house since 2007 and now 4 years later I still can't trade up affordably. Well, I could afford to technically at a stretch but now on just one income our budget has been reduced while the wife brings up our little boy.

I regularly go on Rightmove to keep an eye on what is available in our area and how much it is up for. Very rarely there is a house that meets our requirements within our budget and this week has seen my saved list decimated by under offers and solds.

I tell myself that if we had bought before we would now be forced for my wife to go back to work, that we are doing OK financially while we wait, that the market is unsustainable and that one day someone like myself with a good income ought to be able to afford a reasonable house near a half-decent school...

Sometimes it feels like everyone else (aside from here) has been brainwashed and are happy to accept enormous debts.

And still we wait.... :(

Discussed this with a friend of mine who has a small flat in Crouch End N8. An A lister has moved in across the road (was in latest X-Mens movie) having bought the house from a former 'Enders star.

He asked me if I was interested in the basement flat below and I said when you moved into that street anybody could, then it was soap stars, and now only movie stars can afford it. This ought to be telling you something.

And TBH I'd be a p*ssed off to be a movie star and only being able to afford live there! :lol:

Thats HPI for you. It even forces movie stars to live the riff raff.

Edited by John Steed

I thought this was going to be a Buffy thread.

As for bored, to be honest, I'm not bored, I'm terrified.

We are either a few years from virtual serfdom followed by real serfdom, or a world-changing event (war, revolution).

The current status quo is like a living entity and it's fighting for its survival. It would be better for all if it admitted defeat and adopted a fundamentally different modus operandi, but it seems determined to try and stagger on with what are essentially cosmetic changes, and the tragedy is that I don't think it's capable of anything else.

Trying not to go too far OT, the efforts to maintain house prices are a big part of that - the debt they imply, and the transfer of wealth from the productive to the rentiers* that the debt demands is unsupportable.

In theory, democracy should save us, as the imbalance should tip more and more people onto the wrong side of the line, but I doubt it will be that easy - too much ignorance about the underlying mechanics of the problem leaves too much scope for demagogues.

Back on-topic, I welcome London's resilience. If, as suggested, it's foreign buyers, then they are paying off UK bank debt, which should give scope to remove some of the props. I don't think it will be enough, and without a fundamental reform and scaling back on the financial service industry, it's probably pointless, but maybe the horse will sing?

* the bank if you're a mortgage-holder, the landlord and then, most likely, the bank if you rent