House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

George Clooney = "weirdo Or Pioneer"?

Has the dollar crashed against the pound?

He took the bet and let it inflate to $100,000 (£6,260).

Good for George I say, he's trying to live life on his own terms.

Has the dollar crashed against the pound?

Good for George I say, he's trying to live life on his own terms.

exactly what i thought , nice shag ... i want to get married and have kids she said.... ta ta said george :lol:

exactly what i thought , nice shag ... i want to get married and have kids she said.... ta ta said george :lol:

Surely if she's spent two seconds investigating his history, she would have known this - unless she thought that she could "change" him...

Good looking fella, Completely loaded, spending his life shagging top totty. Free to shag more.

I feel his pain :D

"Weirdo" doesn't appear in the article. The most that can be said is he's not bothered about having kids.

Are you a tabloid journalist?

I wish :P

I'm perhaps summarising some the comments left by some of the readers...That there's something wrong with him, because he doesn't want kids, and there's an automatic thought that he's gay...The journalist thinks that he hasn't met the right one, but perhaps he doesn't see it as a necessity in his life...

I wish :P

I'm perhaps summarising some the comments left by some of the readers...That there's something wrong with him, because he doesn't want kids, and there's an automatic thought that he's gay...The journalist thinks that he hasn't met the right one, but perhaps he doesn't see it as a necessity in his life...

The guy is worth many many millions. Why would he have a kid or get married with someone when they are just going to take him for half?

I covered this about 2 years ago. Catch up people. ;)

Good thread.

I imagine people that generally do what they are supposed to, do not like being faced with someone who clearly just does what the hell they want ?

I tend to think that we live in a society that tends to aspire to individualism and doing your own thing, but if somebody actually does it, they're looked on as being a bit weird.

I've never really thought about George Clooney before, but I'm finding him mildly inspirational.

Same here. :)

hackenbush.gif

Thank you Ologhai. (Even if you are teasing me, I am still blushing. :lol: )

You know, it's a funny thing.

Even though it's probably almost impossible to gauge real-life personality via an internet forum, very occasionally I'll encounter someone online and I think, if I met this person in real life, we'd probably get along. With so little information, there's a good chance of being wrong, of course, but there you go.

On a forum like HPC, it's so full of freaks and weirdos that for the most part I'm glad there's a forum between me and everyone else, natch. But don't tell them I said so.

I tend to think that we live in a society that tends to aspire to individualism and doing your own thing, but if somebody actually does it, they're looked on as being a bit weird.

I think that sums it up very well.

Well said. You too are excellent company.

In a way, this place is a bit like modern day gentlemen's club (ladies welcome, of course).

We can all sit here in comfortable, civilised silence, wrapped in the haze of cigar and pipe smoke, warm and in good company, the silence only occasionally broken by a bon mot, or wry observation, the peace only occasionally disturbed by a little riffle of trollish hostilities:

the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-117216l-imagine.jpg

Then back to the FT, the warm afternoon sun through the leaded windows and the steady, ticking clock.

I see invisible people.