House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Traktion

E-Cat To Rescue Greece?

I have been following the Rossi E-Cat with great interest over the previous months and this may be a good time to post something else up about it.

First, a couple of recent videos demonstrating the technology and outlining the calculations:

Demonstration:

The devices seem much more refined, compared to the much bigger, tin foil covered device first demonstrated in January.

Calculations:

Then we have a recent article by a Swedish tech magazine, which has been following the progress of Rossi: http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3208908.ece

Some interesting bits:

Defkalion's product is called Hyperion and goodwill Basically be available in two main models - one is a box measuring 22x18x14 inches with a heat output between 5 and 30 kilowatts, The Other One larger heating plants with a power between 1:15 and 3:45 megawatts.

They Can Be Combined with Various types of turbines or micro turbines to CHP units - Combined Heat and Power. Defkalion Claims That The Technology cannabis reduced the current electricity price by 90 Percent.

Defkalion states That the relevant Authorities are in the process of Issuing Necessary EU certificates with Regard to Product Safety.

As Defkalion Previously announced the production start is Planned for early 2012, while a pilot heating plant of 1 MW made up of smaller units connected in serial and parallel, Will Be inaugurated as Planned During the fourth quarter of 2011th

Defkalion Confirmed That The First factory is being built in the city of Xanthi, Greece, with an area of ​​65.000 square feet and a maximum production capacity of 300,000 units a year, while a second factory with twice That area is Planned for in the Same City .

The Company Also hopes That it Will Contribute to Greece Becoming Energy Self-Sufficient and to a recovery of the country's hard-Ravaged Economy.

At the Sametime Defkalion Pointed Out That 83% of Europe's nickel deposits are situated in Greece.

The whole article is worth a read, but the latter points above are of particular interest. Not only would it help Greece to become less dependant on energy imports, but it would also help with their exports of nickel.

Becoming less dependant on imported energy would help enormously, if they exited the Euro and devalued - they wouldn't need to import as many energy sources with a weak currency. Additionally, having something which the rest of the world would want to import is going to give demand for their currency, as well as providing a flow of money into the country; if they have what others want, the others may hold their nose, even if the country had defaulted on them.

Ofc, on a global scale, this technology good be pivotal. If the factories deliver the devices (see link for details) and they function as described, then this could be the beginning of the end of the energy crisis. Technology will spring up to take advantage of this cheap fuel source and our reliance on nuclear fission (where risk/waste is an issue) or fossil fuels (supply is getting constrained).

I find it fascinating that the MSM still hasn't reported on this. There is always a chance that the technology is a fraud, but you have to question how the factories would profit from this situation and any company is going to need convincing that it works before agreeing to such things. The output figures these factories are talking about are huge and there has been big money put in to build them. Therefore, I find it hard to believe that this isn't genuine, as the first buyer would know it was a fake, as soon as they plugged it in. So why is the MSM so quiet? Are VIs at work here or are they just waiting until it is irrefutable? Considering some of the crap they put on the news, I would have thought this was worthy of interest either way!

Let's hope the Rothchilds or some other Bilderbergers won't pay Rossi a huge amount of money for his patents, only to make them disappear forever. :ph34r:

As above, if it works it will be a massive source of wealth and peace.

Sounds like just another fraud to me. If it sounds too good to be true...

"cannabis reduced the current electricity price by 90 Percent."

What does this mean? Looks like garbage.

It's a Swedish translation of parts of a Greek press release, which I'm assuming is incorrect! I would assume they meant:

"can reduce the current electricity price by 90 Percent."

I come to HPC because the level of debate is pretty high. Free energy and all that crap is not what I want to see on here.

I come to HPC because the level of debate is pretty high. Free energy and all that crap is not what I want to see on here.

Well then you should report it to the mods, or buy the site and ban all the people who post this kind of thing.

On the other hand you could just ignore it and read other threads that interest you.

Well then you should report it to the mods, or buy the site and ban all the people who post this kind of thing.

On the other hand you could just ignore it and read other threads that interest you.

Reasonable advice. It is to point out to others that that technology is complete fantasy though if that was my intention I probably could have done a better job.

Press conference: http://www.xanthipress.gr/eidiseis/politiki/8178-episimi-parousiasi-tiw-defcalion-.html (translated: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=el&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xanthipress.gr%2Feidiseis%2Fpolitiki%2F8178-episimi-parousiasi-tiw-defcalion-.html)

The original is in Greek, so you will need to translate it.

An interesting bit:

The event was attended, apart from company executives, several representatives of the scientific community and representatives of foreign states and organizations show the importance given to the success of the invention. Among them, the representative of the local government of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany controlled by the Green party, the President of the Hellenic-American Chamber, representing the General Secretariat for Research of China, Chairman of the Technical Chamber of Greece The President of the Association of Exporters of Northern Greece as well as the President of "Larco" which will supply nickel as raw material Defcalion. Furthermore, there was quite a large interest from the municipalities of Athens interested in installing systems in municipal buildings.

Apart from the journalists of Greek and international media, questions submitted and scientists and business people, pairontas by Andrea Rossi answers only on the outside and not in the inner core of the device, which is a closely-guarded secret.

Reasonable advice. It is to point out to others that that technology is complete fantasy though if that was my intention I probably could have done a better job.

I guess all of those government reps are all falling for this 'crap' too then. I wouldn't be so narrow minded, if I were you. You're entitled to read and/or believe what you like though.

EDIT: P.S. What is nuclear fission if not near 'free energy' btw? You need a very small amount of matter to create huge amounts of energy. It may not be clean and risk free, but it sets a precedent for other technologies. I find it strange that this is often ignored.

It seems that cranks and wierdos are drawn to the subject of free energy like moths to a candle. Tesla was another.

You may well be right.

However I am encouraged by the fact that there is clearly big money involved now.

He'd have to be brave to want to swindle people that rich, the consequences tend to be very unpleasant.

To be fair, what they are proposing is *not* free energy, it is a way of inducing Ni-H to Cu fusion at relatively low temperatures.

If that it what is happening then it's fine; it would not violate any laws of physics. Big 'If', though. The alternatives that spring to mind are

- They've packed a lot of hydrogen into a nickel electrode, in some way it's reacting with atmospheric oxygen to make water and heat. No idea if that's reasonable. This is the 'Innocent mistake' explanation.

- They have a big mains cable attached in a hidden manner somewhere. This is the 'fraud' explanation.

I have a suspicion that it's the latter.. especially now they have suddenly decided to involve Greece in the whole deal.. looks very headline grabbing..

To be fair, what they are proposing is *not* free energy, it is a way of inducing Ni-H to Cu fusion at relatively low temperatures.

Point taken but apart from that specific point it's no different to the other free energy mob. I know the area well from various free energy forums.

If that it what is happening then it's fine; it would not violate any laws of physics. Big 'If', though. The alternatives that spring to mind are

- They've packed a lot of hydrogen into a nickel electrode, in some way it's reacting with atmospheric oxygen to make water and heat. No idea if that's reasonable. This is the 'Innocent mistake' explanation.

- They have a big mains cable attached in a hidden manner somewhere. This is the 'fraud' explanation.

I have a suspicion that it's the latter.. especially now they have suddenly decided to involve Greece in the whole deal.. looks very headline grabbing..

Furthermore as Nickel trades at 2.5 times the price of copper they can't even rely on the old alchemy trick :lol:

Seriously even if some form of fusion is going on here whats the betting that;

The energy required to mine and refine the nickel and electrolyse the hydrogen far exceeds the energy output?

In terms of how much money is being put into this, Greek politicians, and what relevance that has...

Come on, this forum is all about the sheer stupidity of people and what government representatives get up to with money.

Some people have put MILLIONS into a project called Steorn in Ireland and it is the most hilarious elaborate waste of time you'll ever come across.

Point taken but apart from that specific point it's no different to the other free energy mob. I know the area well from various free energy forums.

So how come you spend so much time on there if it's all fantasy to you. Are you maybe a VI?!

You put quite a lot of effort into trashing this thread, which seems suspicious too.

---

Furthermore as Nickel trades at 2.5 times the price of copper they can't even rely on the old alchemy trick :lol:

The energy required to mine and refine the nickel and electrolyse the hydrogen far exceeds the energy output?

Eh?

Oil gets extracted and refined as well, it doesn't arrive directly in our fuel tanks.

Also if I remember correctly the amount of hydrogen used is tiny.

Of course, we don't know what they do to the nickel to make it into the powder that is in the catalyser, that could be energy-intensive

IIRC, you need about 100g (EDIT: of nickel) for about 6 months of constant power generation (@ around 10kw). There must be a good deal above ground, as many coins use/used it and likely countless other things. Either way, you don't need much to extract a lot of power from it. It would be interesting to see some rough figures for the full EROEI though.

EDIT: I think the amount of hydrogen needed is many times less too. I don't have the figures to hand, but I read that they were experimenting with the idea of producing the hydrogen on the fly too (ie. the machine performs the electrolysis as required).