House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Facebook Meme - Remember When Teachers, Nurses, Doctors And Lollipop Ladies Crashed The Stock Market, Wiped Out Banks, (Etc)

"Remember when teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither. Please copy and paste to your status for 24 hours to show your support for the strikes against the government."

putting other things aside, are many people seeing much of this on facebook? is it making much headway?

"Remember when teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither. Please copy and paste to your status for 24 hours to show your support for the strikes against the government."

putting other things aside, are many people seeing much of this on facebook? is it making much headway?

No but you all voted for jam today you *****

Need to setup a counter one really. Needs to be along the two wrongs line. Something snappy that makes that point. A counterpunch.

A Google search of it brings this thread up as the first result if that's any indication.

Edited by pl1

"Remember when teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither, but I do remember when they retired at 50 to build barn conversions in the Charente, had six months off for "stress," took out liar loans to get on the property ladder at someone elses expense and built a Buy To Let portfolio when they should have been doing their full time job, or put themselves at the top of the council waiting list. Please copy and paste to your status for 24 hours to remind everyone, how they showed absolutely no support whatsoever when everyone elses job got downsized, microtasked, offshored or inshored."

Need to setup a counter one really. Needs to be along the two wrongs line. Something snappy that makes that point. A counterpunch.

Remember the robbing bankers?

Spending our money on hookers and toot?

Well, Two wrongs don't make a right

But we want our share of taxpayer loot

So we're going to fight!

To a bloodied private sector public we'll help put in the boot

It needs work, especially that last line. Help appreciated. Aha, Public is a bit snappier! Let's ditch help too.

Remember the robbing banker shite?

So we're going to fight

To a bloodied public, we'll put in the boot!

Something like that. Needed a shite on the first line. Fixed.

Edited by General Congreve

"Remember when teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither, but I do remember when they retired at 50 to build barn conversions in the Charente, had six months off for "stress," took out liar loans to get on the property ladder at someone elses expense and built a Buy To Let portfolio when they should have been doing their full time job, or put themselves at the top of the council waiting list. Please copy and paste to your status for 24 hours to remind everyone, how they showed absolutely no support whatsoever when everyone elses job got downsized, microtasked, offshored or inshored."

Nice! :lol: Would do it too, but I know at least one teacher and several public sector employees, don't want to lose any friends!

Hear hear.

I remember when they caused the deficit.

Perfect. Now, tell me - what is Facebook?

Hear hear.

I think it needs some work to ellicit some support, replace the occupations with "council ceo, diversity officers, refuse bin snoopers" and so on

My fully edited contribution:

Remember the robbing banker shites?

So we're going to join the fight

To a bloodied public, we'll put in the boot!

However, I think John Steed is the overall clear winner, but so far I'm number 1 of 1 in the poetry corner ;)

Edited by General Congreve

It is a powerful meme though. Since the Tories are supporting the bonuses of the bankers, it doesn't make sense for other groups relying on public funds to cheerfully accept cutbacks.

Labour had a consistency.. they supported reckless spending for teachers, nurses, doctors and Lillipop ladies AND they supported reckless bonuses and spending by the bankers.

It is a powerful meme though.

but how much physical headway is it making? I am only seeing VIs pass it on, everybody else I know on facebook seems disinterested

but how much physical headway is it making? I am only seeing VIs pass it on, everybody else I know on facebook seems disinterested

It won't catch on cos the more intilleegunt lefties will notice it admits there are bills that need paying......

A social network, for council workers to present themselves as victims.

Edited by John Steed

It's the weapon of choice for the powers that be to keep tabs on the plebs.

Or maybe it's this, m'lud:

gazzacoverT.jpg

Teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies are the human shields for the army of NHS managers, 5-a-day coordinators and at the very core politicians and bankers that are all piled aboard the same, over-heavy, big-state boat that is threatening to sink everybody. Any fool knows that teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies had good jobs before the big-state boat existed, and will do so after it has sunk. That's because people want them and will always be happy to pay for them.

Excellent, just a slight variation...

Teachers, nurses, doctors, lollipop ladies and other front line staff are the human shields for the army of NHS managers, administrators, 5-a-day coordinators, greedy Council CEO's, the BBC and Union bosses with vested interests. Our corrupt political class, bankers and corporates all piled aboard the same, over-heavy, big-state boat that is threatening to sink everybody. Any fool knows that teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies had good jobs before the big-state boat existed, and will do so after it has sunk. That's because people want them and will always be happy to pay for them. Put his on your status for 24 hours to show your support.

Guest eight

loads.i'm already taking the view that teachers need more holiday and more money.

I posted a job ad on Gumtree. Got a reply from a teaching assistant who said they could easily fit it in as they "get loads of holidays."

Teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies are the human shields for the army of NHS managers, 5-a-day coordinators and at the very core politicians and bankers that are all piled aboard the same, over-heavy, big-state boat that is threatening to sink everybody. Any fool knows that teachers, nurses, doctors and lollipop ladies had good jobs before the big-state boat existed, and will do so after it has sunk. That's because people want them and will always be happy to pay for them.

Pasted this into a reply to someone who posted it up.

Popular opinion on the internet is easy to control just look at the acts of the members of 4Chan.

When ever I've gone to hospital, I always wander around keeping my eyes open and the overriding problem I see are nurses shipping bits of paper around and lots of staff standing around talking. I didnt know so much data gets transferred by word of mouth, but it must make it a full time job just dictating whats been said onto the patients notes!

The teaching profession is much like the financial system. The educational system gets to choose their exam boards so straight away you have "Lehmans Bros" High School choosing which exam board to use. Now that exam board doesnt want to be too hard on the pupils exam results becuase they wont get the repeat business next year and so on so the exams get easier and easier. Just like the investment companies threated to take away ratings work if they didnt get a decent rating for their sliced and diced repackaged investment product.

So what we the taxpayer get out is a "CDO or CDS" exam rated pupil and not a proper "grade A or grade B" investment aka exam rated pupil. So the dumbing down of the exams makes teachers and the educational system look good on paper when all it does is turn out pupils denied a decent education and employers are denied locally sourced employees who are suitably educated. Once the education system starts turning out better educated pupils they might just start having a case for the massive wages teachers get and we can expect to see less headlines like

UK teenagers leaving school without good maths skills, report finds

Universities and business complain of serious knowledge gaps even among those who studied maths at A-level

British kids can't spell 'was'Some GCSE students are unable to spell simple words such as 'was' instead spelling it 'whas', a report has found.

Students hit by more exam errors

A-levels 'now two grades easier than 20 years ago'A-level exams are now two grades easier than they were 20 years ago, academics claimed last night.

Dumbing down our kids to make the educational system look like its performing better is simply a fraud akin to the fraud in the financial system! And in terms of business & employment is it any wonder businesses have to off-shore when they cant find the talent in their own back yard? The educational system is selling the country short and storing up problems for everyone further down the road in years to come. If the education fails then 20-30years down the line there wont be the highly paid jobs available in the UK which means less tax income to keep some of those newly retired teachers in a pension for starters. Teachers are highly paid at £34k a year on avg, above the UK national avg wage, so surely teachers should earn the national avg wage as a reflection of the work they produce and the kids they turn out? After all if they turn out better educated kids, these kids will earn more money and thus collectively the UK avg wage will go up which if the teachers pay was pegged to the avg wage would reflect the better service and value for money the kids are getting.

You want us to cut and paste that into our status updates Trickie? Its a bit long. Over 420 characters and it becomes a "Note." tongue.gif

I posted a job ad on Gumtree. Got a reply from a teaching assistant who said they could easily fit it in as they "get loads of holidays."

Kirklees were advertising for teaching assistants. Many are part time, 16 hours a week, so not unreasonable that someone wouldn't want to double job.