House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starla

2 Bed Flat To Rent In Chiswick

2 bed flat to rent in Chiswick - £1150 pm. That's cheap I thought. So what's wrong with it? What's right with it? I has a bathroom in the pictures but I can't find it on the floor plan and I really think the best route into the master bedroom is through the window.

Edit: Don't even start me off on bedroom two.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-18695058.html

Floorplan.jpg

post-18536-0-25500400-1308867624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starla

That is one crappy layout! I wish people would leave victorian properties alone if they can't make the layout of proposed converted flats work. :rolleyes:

And yes, for the same monthly rent you can live in a good sized detached house in Norfolk. :)

The quality of housing in this country has to be getting worse. Bedroom 1 access through Bedroom 2? What a bloody joke.

Can't you check with some agency or the local authority to see if a property is allowed to have this many bedrooms?

Khards and MattW - When I see lovely properties (e.g.where you can actually access rooms through doors) in other parts of the country ,for the same price as the cr*p we get in London - it depresses me and makes me happy at all at once. At least it's not like this everywhere.

The quality of housing in this country has to be getting worse. Bedroom 1 access through Bedroom 2? What a bloody joke.

Can't you check with some agency or the local authority to see if a property is allowed to have this many bedrooms?

I still don't know where the bathroom is? It's possible it's either the Lobby or the Hall? But in that case you either have to walk through it to access bedrooms 1 &2 or you access it via the back door. I think it's been let, if not, I'd be tempted to view for a laugh.

Edited by Starla

I still don't know where the bathroom is? It's possible it's either the Lobby or the Hall? But in that case you either have to walk through it to access bedrooms 1 &2 or you access it via the back door. I think it's been let, if not, I'd be tempted to view for a laugh.

My guess is that it's the blue rectangle just off the hallway between the two bedrooms. No door on the diagram is probably a mistake.

Although really the whole layout is a mistake. Horrible.

You can get idiotic conversions anywhere.

I recollect looking at a flat down here (Devon) converted from the top floor of a big Victorian house. Two big rooms, one small, plus bathroom and fairly generous entrance hall.

OK, the small room would do nicely as a kitchen, then the big rooms serve as bedroom and lounge, and it becomes a very nice one-bed flat. Indeed, one I could've fallen in love with! But no such sensible thing. Instead, someone had done a botch job - as in something looking like very tired driftwood - of putting in a token kitchen along one side of one of the big rooms, leaving the small room as a useless second bedroom.

In London you'd get away with that - it's one reason I fled the ghastly place long ago. Around here ... at least we get a better range of choice.

You can get idiotic conversions anywhere.

I recollect looking at a flat down here (Devon) converted from the top floor of a big Victorian house. Two big rooms, one small, plus bathroom and fairly generous entrance hall.

OK, the small room would do nicely as a kitchen, then the big rooms serve as bedroom and lounge, and it becomes a very nice one-bed flat. Indeed, one I could've fallen in love with! But no such sensible thing. Instead, someone had done a botch job - as in something looking like very tired driftwood - of putting in a token kitchen along one side of one of the big rooms, leaving the small room as a useless second bedroom.

Oh yes, the mentality of the British property renters/buyers who prize a higher number of bedrooms over square footage. :rolleyes: The property developers are given the house hunters what they think they want.