House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swanz

Can You Believe This?

A pretty charmless big box IMPO. There are nicer houses within walking distance of there on for much less IMPO and nicer ones, again IMPO, for a similar price.

I was talking to a well known EA in one of Swansea' drinking establishments last night who told me of several houses he has on the market for well above what they are worth. He said the sellers are in complete denial about stuff.

He said he keeps telling people that they can't expect more than houses were worth in 2007/08. He said every now and then someone stupid with cash will pay over the odds, but surveyors are down-grading valuations all the time now as they don't want to be sued.

He was of the opinion that loads of houses in Swansea just won't sell. Complained about competitors over-valuing and taking on houses onto their books for the same or more asking price even though they had been on with other EA firms for a year or several.

I agree - how about this one? just changed agents but remains the same price? No views close to the road and no garden - much nicer stuff on for the money.Maybe a premiership pad??

http://www.gowercoastproperties.com/property_search/index.asp?WCI=Particular&WCE=002210679&CURRENCY=GBP

Third agency isn't it? I was told by a couple of EAs - don't know whether it is true or not - that the land was allegedly purchased for 60K from a neighbouring property?

I was told by the EAs that, allegedly, it doesn't get much sun due to the location. I have no idea of course as I have never been there.

Yes, I agree - much nicer houses for less IMPO within a 10 minute walk.