House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geeza

Why Do Estate Agents Do This?

Looking through PN as my house is up for sale, noticed a few houses as 'Sale Agreed' but some have been like that for months!

Just noticed this one is STILL listedMy link

This went Sale agreed in December 2010, owners moved in late Jan!

why?

Looking through PN as my house is up for sale, noticed a few houses as 'Sale Agreed' but some have been like that for months!

Just noticed this one is STILL listedMy link

This went Sale agreed in December 2010, owners moved in late Jan!

why?

Makes it look like the have more houses sale agreed / sold so... The or they forgot to take it off.

I was just thinking the other day, estate agency as a job has always had quite a high turnover of staff and the markets been pretty flat for coming onto 4 years now. There must be a lot of younger agents who have never actually sold a house and seen it go right through to completion.

Theyve probably forgotten how to remove an advert from the website once something has actually sold.

With an RV of 125K they probably still have it up as a trophy property they get out to show new clients and say " see we sold this one in east Belfast for around 189. We can sell yours because as you see there's one born everyday".

With an RV of 125K they probably still have it up as a trophy property they get out to show new clients and say " see we sold this one in east Belfast for around 189. We can sell yours because as you see there's one born everyday".

I know they accepted an offer of £180K lol, then they spent more money installing gas etc, they could have bought mine and it would have saved them the trouble :D

Buy it before we rent it out

Another example of EAs trying to stir up interest in a property that is way overpriced.

PRICE REDUCED JAN 2011 * *NO ONWARD CHAIN ** The owners of this property are now seeking a tenant, so this is the last opportunity for a buyer to have this attractive family home

Yeah, so I'm gonna rush down to buy it because soon it will be rented out and I wont have another opportunity to buy it ever again. The last house in this development sold with the same EA about a year ago at around 150k and it was the same size. Talk about deluded.