Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Steady on. You might induce someone to gamble the whole STR fund.

I'm sure people are quite capable of taking responsibility for their own actions and not listening to nutters on the internet.

HOLA449

I'm sure people are quite capable of taking responsibility for their own actions and not listening to nutters on the internet.

i bought the market coz of you and you losed me money, my wife is leaving me for the grocer, the kids have divorced me and the dogs left me for the butcher, all because you losed me money, i want it back

HOLA4410

Bernanke said no more QE yesterday. Share prices have been highly correlated with Fed QE/POMO purchases.

No real buyers so price drops. I'm expecting big falls until they restart the printing press.

No market interference and share prices drop. We can't have a real market the fake one is so much more comforting.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

No I don't think so. Its crash the market and buy everything back with the stolen loot phase, then rinse/repeat. They must think we are f*cking stupid not that we can do a lot about it, as people won't actually fight till they are starving. As long as X factor is on, and Tesco''s are well stocked with cheap booze and Pringles they will keep getting away with it.

You have gave got it.

No point in doing further QE until you have chased all the suckers and their money from stocks and commodities back into Treasuries where they can be shaven again.

You may as well buy the beer and Pringles so you have something to consume while you watch the show being repeated.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA4413

You have to be kidding - listening to the nutters on the internet makes far more sense than listening to coherent sources... We might all be insane - but at least we're insane in different directions.

As for people taking responsibility - have you any evidence that anyone ever has?

HOLA4414

Or you can just shave them when they are in stocks and commodities. Why else would there have been a coordinated release of oil reserves?

No point in doing further QE until you have chased all the suckers and their money from stocks and commodities back into Treasuries where they can be shaven again.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Pft, try the AIM market! Metal miners (well the majority of the ones I monitor) are down 50-60%!! I'm sitting on large losses. Written the money off in my mind.

No worries mate...we're all sitting on these...I'm currently 18% down.

But, the fundamentals of these companies hasn't changed and you made your decisions based on sound research, so only a fool would sell at the mo. The best thing you could do is buy, and reduce your averages - if you have the spondoolies.

The word on the street, is that junior miners are going to bounce back; especially if gold is involved.

Which companies are you in...out of interest. I've got shed loads in Orogen. My main stock is in junior oilies.

HOLA4418

Pft, try the AIM market! Metal miners (well the majority of the ones I monitor) are down 50-60%!! I'm sitting on large losses. Written the money off in my mind.

mmm, not advice but you seem to be influenced by certain people on here or what you are reading on this board or others, i would suggest given your lack of success that maybe you should stick to the normal method of saving, dont let people tell you there is free money out there, there generally aint

HOLA4419

mmm, not advice but you seem to be influenced by certain people on here or what you are reading on this board or others, i would suggest given your lack of success that maybe you should stick to the normal method of saving, dont let people tell you there is free money out there, there generally aint

Good post...but depends on your individual circumstances and risk exposure.

I'm very bored by 2,3,4% gains pa. Worthless really.

On the AIM market, it is possible to make 200, 300, 400%. The key is waiting and watching for a while and do your own research. Look at the company website for starters then research the prospects. Remember AIM are new companies with shares worth 1P. If they become successful, those shares become worth 30p or more. From the forums you get sentiment about a company - nothing more. Only a fool would buy because of someones opinions.

And..don't forget, as a share holder, you own part of that company, so you have every right to phone up the company and dig deep.

HOLA4420

I would generally avoid AIM unless you have specific, inside knowledge that you are certain about. I'm not sure junior miners have quite the same dynamic as they held pre ETF's.

You would be better waiting for sharp pullbacks and momentum trading the mid level or senior producers. smaller percentages but more reliable over the long term.

Edited by Jack's Creation

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

A little judgmental there Dave. dry.gif

By setting tight stops losses can help you minimise your losses and maximise your potential upside, each to their own, but best not to act like a Rabbit in the headlights when the bear comes a knocking as you can always buy back once the grizzly has passed.

True mate...but stop losses can mean that you give your shares cheap to the MM's on AIM, because they are so volatile, and MM's are so damn good at manipulation. The pi's run for the hills, the II's get rich.

I don't set stop-losses. If I'm stuck on a spike...I'll just sit it out.

HOLA4423

I would generally avoid AIM unless you have specific, inside knowledge that you are certain about. I'm not sure junior miners have quite the same dynamic as they held pre ETF's.

You would be better waiting for sharp pullbacks and momentum trading the mid level or senior producers. smaller percentages but more reliable over the long term.

You're 100% right, but the ETF's cannot last for much longer - another bubble.

The II's will be rushing back into stocks, as they have asset backed value, whereas ETF's don't....especially the junior miners, and prices will soar.

It's a very good time to get into gold miners, for this reason, at the moment. There are some life changing opportunities out there. And lets be honest..not many of those come along!

EDIT...EFT/ETF!

Edited by Davetolbooth

HOLA4424

I think its very refreshing for you to be so honest, usually on HPC people only declare their profits.

But be careful there are some real shysters on AIM. I knew some of them and even worked for them briefly. I know a bunch that are (or were) a gold mining outfit (in Vietnam). Be very, very careful. Don;t believe a word they say. They always make money, their investors don't (usually).

HOLA4425

I think its very refreshing for you to be so honest, usually on HPC people only declare their profits.

But be careful there are some real shysters on AIM. I knew some of them and even worked for them briefly. I know a bunch that are (or were) a gold mining outfit (in Vietnam). Be very, very careful. Don;t believe a word they say. They always make money, their investors don't (usually).

Most AIM investors have had their portfolios shot to bits recently.

I'm not sure that AIM is there to rip off investors. These are new companies, and it's fair to say that a lot go to the wall. Private investors lose their money, but it's not unusual for new companies to go bust. That's not fraud, but a bad business idea.

So, it comes down to the individual investor to carry out the necessary research before investing. The first stop is looking at the BODs and their credentials.

etc etc and finally...

Don't invest what your not prepared to lose.

Edited by Davetolbooth