House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Who Are All The Guests?

On the main forum particuarly, there are more guests (sometimes over 200 in one thread) than registered users. I have my suspicion who they are, why do you think there are so many and why aren't they signing up?

On the main forum particuarly, there are more guests (sometimes over 200 in one thread) than registered users. I have my suspicion who they are, why do you think there are so many and why aren't they signing up?

Are there that many people in the SIS?ph34r.gif

Are there that many people in the SIS?ph34r.gif

I think many are Estate Agents/Industry Watchers and lazy journo's looking for an easy story/scoop.

Guest eight

I think many are Estate Agents/Industry Watchers and lazy journo's looking for an easy story/scoop.

How is Unreliable Furniture, or whatever it was called, getting on these days?

Could be bots, I'm not sure how this site would record say Googlebot landing on a thread. I guess this site is aggressively crawled as its constantly updated.

Its more likely that some of the "members" are fake. I have software that will create a profile on a board like this, then log in and out to get the profile crawled by Google.

Some boards don't allow links in sigs, first posts either, but usually mods miss a period ie a full stop, as a link.

You can get some clever xrumer mods that will quote from an existing topic and then post a link. I'm sure the Fubra mods are well acquainted with all the tricks.

Of course I wouldn't abuse my HPC account in such a way of course.smile.gif

Members who aren't signed in browsing from shared computers?

Actually - it's the 'Moben Gone Bust' thread I noticed it on. 47 guests there now.

HPC is currently number one for "moben gone bust" on Google.

Be rather unfortunate if it hasn't! :o

I think quite a lot of posters browse on their phones and only sign in if they want to post in a thread.

Why phones? I always assumed that the majority of guests were just members who were reading. Why would they sign in, unless they wanted to post?

Could be bots, I'm not sure how this site would record say Googlebot landing on a thread. I guess this site is aggressively crawled as its constantly updated.

Its more likely that some of the "members" are fake. I have software that will create a profile on a board like this, then log in and out to get the profile crawled by Google.

Some boards don't allow links in sigs, first posts either, but usually mods miss a period ie a full stop, as a link.

You can get some clever xrumer mods that will quote from an existing topic and then post a link. I'm sure the Fubra mods are well acquainted with all the tricks.

Of course I wouldn't abuse my HPC account in such a way of course.smile.gif

Some on here think all HPC members were fake, and part of an artificial reality bubble created by the New World Order to keep them contained.

:lol::lol:

Some on here think all HPC members were fake, and part of an artificial reality bubble created by the New World Order to keep them contained.

:lol::lol:

Is that you Erranta?

There are probably other people like me in that they can view the forum at work but can't log in.

They block logging in? If so, it doesn't account for the evenings so much. I don't think HPC is that global (workers overseas guesting) although it's about 450th most popular site in Congo for some reason.

Me too.

Me three.

I accept all the not logging-in at work / on phones points (I do the same myself) but there are still a huge number of guests, way more than I see on other fora and more than I used to see on here.

I do wonder if it's the equivalent of a twitter feed for journos.

Alot of the news posted here is just stuff linked from other major sources like the telegraph , daily mail , BBC , CNN , Reuters etc

Sure there are a number of anecdotals but i think a large % of the guests are actually people looking to buy a house in the future , maybe alexa has some info on the bounce statistics - many could just be looking at a thread based on a one off google search.