House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Saab Unable To Pay Wages

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d1a78c26-9d68-11e0-9a70-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1Q5GNe2ON

Saab warns it lacks funds to pay wages
By John "John" Reed in London
Published: June 23 2011 08:48 | Last updated: June 23 2011 08:48
The company that makes Saab cars said it could no longer pay its employees’ wages because it had failed to secure short-term funding for its business.
The news will fuel doubts about the survival of the struggling Swedish carmaker, which has a tentative deal to sell its cars in China, but has had to halt production because of problems paying its suppliers.

Looks like the Chinese get another trophy Euro car marque. That said, I wonder if they know what Saab is (was)? Not exactly a prestigious motor these days if they ever were.

Edited by Realistbear

Another bankrupt car marque to add to their collection. In fact I think Saab would be an ideal purchase.

I wonder how Roewe (Rover) are doing these days?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/209011/roewe_750.html

Edited by John Steed

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d1a78c26-9d68-11e0-9a70-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1Q5GNe2ON

Saab warns it lacks funds to pay wages
By John "John" Reed in London
Published: June 23 2011 08:48 | Last updated: June 23 2011 08:48
The company that makes Saab cars said it could no longer pay its employees’ wages because it had failed to secure short-term funding for its business.
The news will fuel doubts about the survival of the struggling Swedish carmaker, which has a tentative deal to sell its cars in China, but has had to halt production because of problems paying its suppliers.

Looks like the Chinese get another trophy Euro car marque. That said, I wonder if they know what Saab is (was)? Not exactly a prestigious motor these days if they ever were.

I though Saab were part of GM. They certainly were ten years ago when the 93 was built on the Vectra platform. Back then it was cheaper to buy Saab parts from the Vauxhall dealers.

This is non-news. Saab has been practically dead since GM pulled the plug a few years ago.

I don't know why this is in "House prices and the economy". what has a zombie Swedish car maker got to do with "House prices and the economy"?

Edited by wise_eagle

All part of the rather rapid shift of wealth creation moving East.

Once the Western middle class is destroyed China & India will also collapse.

I drive a Saab. It is the biggest pile of shi'ite I have ever had the misfortune of driving.

what one, what year, how many miles when bought, and when, and now, FSH?

what one, what year, how many miles when bought, and when, and now, FSH?

Saab 93, 2007, 0, bought new in 2007, 88,000, FSH

It is the 1.9 Tid model in black, 155 bhp, full leather, sat nav, heated seats etc etc.

They should equip these with a tiller rather than a steering wheel, vague is the word. Electrics are all to pot, get multiple messages telling me this, that and the other has failed. Visits the dealer around once a month on average. Sat Nav is beyond useless, takes you the long way round. Unable to enter a postcode into the sat nav. Travelled to Wales yesterday, asked Sat Nav to avoid toll roads. It took me over the Severn Bridge so cost me £5.40.

Seriously, buy anything except a Saab.

Once the Western middle class is destroyed China & India will also collapse.

Thats no comfort if we become serfs with just a small elite lording it over us. The problem is that is a lot of pissed of people who have lost everything. Like a lot of things in our "global economy" this hasn't been thought through properly.

It is the 1.9 Tid model in black, 155 bhp, full leather, sat nav, heated seats etc etc.

They should equip these with a tiller rather than a steering wheel, vague is the word. Electrics are all to pot, get multiple messages telling me this, that and the other has failed. Visits the dealer around once a month on average. Sat Nav is beyond useless, takes you the long way round. Unable to enter a postcode into the sat nav. Travelled to Wales yesterday, asked Sat Nav to avoid toll roads. It took me over the Severn Bridge so cost me £5.40.

Seriously? I have a 9-3 2.0 petrol 55,000 miles and have never had a problem with it, apart from the front offside spring letting go. Changed the springs on the drive with a full set of £160 eibachs/hirsch the handling was transformed, it wasn't that bad to begin with. Generally the diesels are less reliable, but that's not particular to Saabs.

The error messages your getting may be the result of the battery on its last legs. The sat nav in my dads lexus is is pretty shite too.

Killer, you were talking about buying a Saab a couple of weeks ago....did you?

I did. THis one: Scroll down as sale ended Got it for £3,750.

So far so good. Great price.

Only thing is, on start up, the display unhappy with the key so detects 'potential theft, contact dealer etc'. Seems to be righting itself as key recharges as indicator is now intermittent.

Toll Bridge probably not counted as a toll road, a bit stupid of them.

To be fair, the nearest non toll bridge is 30 miles away, and it would probably cost you more to make the detour than pay the toll.