House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

That Consultant That Went Berserk At Cameron And Clegg

The consultant who flipped a switch when he saw Cameron, Clegg and Lansley in his ward with a camera crew who had not rolled up their sleeves, despite being told they did not have to by other staff, has been put on permanent leave by St Thomas’s Hospital Trust. A memo sent to staff on the 17th and seen by Guido explains lines to take regarding Dr David Nunn:

http://order-order.com/2011/06/22/exclusive-cam-rage-consultant-on-permanent-leave/

"Hillwalking holiday" TBA?

To be fair he did seem a little unhinged so it isnt unexpected is it?

Yes, but it's his job on the line when the infection [MRSA] figures go up, not Cameron's.ohmy.gif

Yes, but it's his job on the line when the infection [MRSA] figures go up, not Cameron's.ohmy.gif

Horsheshit!

if they sacked every doctor/consultant responsible for a ward where someone contracted mrsa then there wouldnt be any left.

Good job we pay £500 a day for Management contractors so they can arrange bullsh*t propaganda like that. I really do wonder who elucidated that edict and how much they were paid. Somehwere, in some NHS trust, some communication team on way too much money typed that bullsh*t memo out.

"with a camera crew who had not rolled up their sleeves, despite being told they did not have to by other staff"

It doesn't state what other staff? Did other doctors say hey don't bother following our guidelines it will all be fine. Or was it the PR/Media people at the hospital who told the journalists it didn't matter?

To get anything meaningful out of that we need to know who said it and why?

I shouldn't rise to this, but surely even if it was the PR / Media staff (in your example), if they had a brain would they not keep away from offering advice as it's not their field of er expertise? :unsure:

I feel you might be attempting to make an argument there when really, there isn't one, which you don't often do?

I'm merely commenting that the statement other staff doesn't mean it was other medical staff. It could be this guy was having a bad day, he'd just been made to read another SOP and finally flipped.

Do we not need a clear out then and get some cheaper ones in? ;)

I mean, aren't our doctors and consultants some of the best paid in the world?

Probably.

Either way, right or wrong, that guy blew his lid and seemed closer to unhinged than not. I wouldnt want him responsible for me or mine.

Probably.

Either way, right or wrong, that guy blew his lid and seemed closer to unhinged than not. I wouldnt want him responsible for me or mine.

Full of his own self-importance. I know the type.

Yep, the type that would come with a glowing reference in the private sector and probably in the public sector too :lol:

No one wants a liability on the books.

Not sure what his crime was........he probably say's the same to visitors all day long. Orthopaedics and MRSA do not go well together.

I reckon he had no idea what was going on...then felt stupid, so walked out asap.

Is he being punished because he embarrassed someone kinda important?

Is there any other kind of medical consultant?

The combination of the training and the nature of the people that go into it rarely makes for humility. As long as most of their decisions are right, I guess that's OK.

Is there any other kind of medical consultant?

The combination of the training and the nature of the people that go into it rarely makes for humility. As long as most of their decisions are right, I guess that's OK.

Yes...but don't forget that God doesn't think he's a consultant...........:)

If they were speeding along in a built up area and a copper pulled them and gave them a ticking off would everyone complain then.

If the hospital rules are rolled-up sleeves (and I've not seen anything reported to the contrary) then it should be enforced regardless and staff, of any level, should not be arbitrarily handing out special dispensation to ignore it.

In fact, on the day, David Cameron said he agreed. This seems to be a case of starstruck hospital management being embarrassed and, possibly, exacting revenge.

I also blame the media, as with this thread title, for misreporting as it was the entourage not Cameron and Clegg the consultant was complaining about.

I suspect, if the consultant had made his point meekly, he'd have been brushed aside. Comments on here and on newspaper articles elsewhere with the consultant's brusque manner and what's perceived as arrogance. Just because dealing with excessively self-confident people makes you bristle doesn't mean they're automatically in the wrong and you can't just ignore a message because it comes from a personality type you don't like.

The blonde bird sitting down is quite hot.

alcohol rub?

"...oooh Matron!"

Visited my local hospital last week to have a blood test. Never seen so many unfit and overweight people in there.... and that was just the staff! laugh.gif

"...oooh Matron!"

Visited my local hospital last week to have a blood test. Never seen so many unfit and overweight people in there.... and that was just the staff! laugh.gif

Yuk.....We've turned into a nation of over-weight, thick retards.

Yuk.....We've turned into a nation of over-weight, thick retards.

It was entirely planned by the medical/industrial complex. I wrote about it in the "Embarrassing bodies .." thread. Problem is the medical profession don't seem to realise they shouldn't have taken their "own medicine!" laugh.gif

If they were speeding along in a built up area and a copper pulled them and gave them a ticking off would everyone complain then.

If the hospital rules are rolled-up sleeves (and I've not seen anything reported to the contrary) then it should be enforced regardless and staff, of any level, should not be arbitrarily handing out special dispensation to ignore it.

Yet you feel the need to add built-up area, which suggests that you think some rules are more important than others. From the point of view of the law 60 in a 30 and 72 on a motorway are both illegal, end of, even though if caught you'll be in trouble for the former and probably ignored for the latter.