House Price Crash Forum
Lepista

Turning Gold Into Silver

I am around 90% gold and 10% silver, and been at this level for a couple of years.

Is now a good time to convert some of my gold savings into silver? Is Silver likely to be shooting back up to it's highs of a few months ago, or is it going to stay at around this gold/silver ratio...?

Cheers :)

Dunno, I jumped into Silver at $40 and that was after it declined from $50.

Still, say hello to £964 an ounce Gold...

nicet.png

Correct at 14:47, 22 June 2011.

Son of a..... it always goes up before I buy it :angry:

Yes, so gold is going up - silver went up, then down alot, and isnt' really keeping up with gold. Is this because gold is getting overpriced, or silver is just lagging...?

Yes, so gold is going up - silver went up, then down alot, and isnt' really keeping up with gold. Is this because gold is getting overpriced, or silver is just lagging...?

Personally I think that gold is due a reasonable correction before the next leg up. I am scalping though and not confident enough to really long or short at this price and am not buying coins either.

DYODD.

Look around, try kitco and gold tent etc etc, good for info but full of bugs so sometimes lacking perspective. Find some traders and trading sites, people that trade metals professionally rather than holding them as a religion.

As for trading the GSR it depend on whether you are uk based and physical or not. If you are uk and talking physical then there is no way that you can profit from it. If you are uk and want to trade the gsr then you need a bv/gm account.

I'm more silver than gold but I'm poor!

As I see it, silver should have more room to go up in value, it's just had it's big correction (gold hasn't recently) so should stabalise before rising again?

As people lose faith in currency, they'll turn to PMs, not everyone can afford gold so will turn to silver?

Finally, a lot of tech / indutry relies on silver so the next big tech break through requiring silvercomponents could drive the price nicely upwards?

But I know very little so take with big pinches of salt!

I'm more silver than gold but I'm poor!

As I see it, silver should have more room to go up in value, it's just had it's big correction (gold hasn't recently) so should stabalise before rising again?

As people lose faith in currency, they'll turn to PMs, not everyone can afford gold so will turn to silver?

Finally, a lot of tech / indutry relies on silver so the next big tech break through requiring silvercomponents could drive the price nicely upwards?

But I know very little so take with big pinches of salt!

So assuming that you are right, personally I have spot values of $70-80 in mind, how are you going to capitalise on that?

You buy silver in the uk and you add 20% over spot, on what fking planet does that make any sense?

Silver does have potential but you have to work at it in the uk.

Show me where you can buy at spot and I will buy every kilo available.

Private sales will reflect the 20% VAT, pain in the **** but hey-ho, it's not like I'll be trying to shift tonnes of the stuff!

There are still "bargains" out there, just got 500gm bar for £430 off the bay, that's spot with 19% on top :lol:

Private sales will reflect the 20% VAT, pain in the **** but hey-ho, it's not like I'll be trying to shift tonnes of the stuff!

There are still "bargains" out there, just got 500gm bar for £430 off the bay, that's spot with 19% on top :lol:

Thats not a bargain, I just got 5 sterling crowns and a brit for £100 :)