House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Europe Braced For Meps' Expenses Storm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/europe-braced-for-meps-expenses-storm-2300806.html

The European Parliament will today back down and order the release of a secret report detailing the widespread abuse of expenses by MEPs, The Independent has learnt.

A meeting of senior MEPs is expected to accept a European Court of Justice ruling that there is an "overriding public interest in disclosure".

The decision could have far-reaching consequences for transparency within the European Parliament and wider European Union institutions. It will increase pressure on the parliament to publish more details of the expenses claims of MEPs including their travel expenditure, attendance records and the highly controversial €4,300 (£3,800) "go anywhere" budget given to members.

Still at least it's not being revealed in the brink of an economic crisis.

Still at least it's not being revealed in the brink of an economic crisis.

I was personally shocked and horrified to find out that a Euro MP only claimed £50k in expenses and attended fully for nearly a hundred days! If they don't bring home their share that'll hurt the local economy, and if they actually start working.. it could be horiffic!

"One MEP paid the full £182,000 staff allowance to one person, suspected of being a relative."

Why am I not surprised? Why do I feel this pit of hopeless in my stomach? Why am I not angry, and just feel a desparate sense of being condemned?

They've won, haven't they? They have won and we have lost.

:(

Euro polticians need to be corralled and brought to heel for a new banking paradigm to be brougt in and wow! Suddenly their expenses are being revealed.

Where have I seen this before?

This ought to calm down the protesters in Greece :lol: - I'm sure that they will see the arguments of the Eurocrats for austerity in greece in a whole new light, knowing those same Eurocrats are milking the system for all it's worth.

The report that they are being forced to disclose is from 2008. It'll be years before it finally seeps in to the public domain. Like our MPs they are going to be doing everything that they can delay this till either they've retired or lost their seats. Full disclosure I'm afraid, if it ever comes, is years away. :(

The report that they are being forced to disclose is from 2008. It'll be years before it finally seeps in to the public domain. Like our MPs they are going to be doing everything that they can delay this till either they've retired or lost their seats. Full disclosure I'm afraid, if it ever comes, is years away. :(

As has been said many times before on this site. Only if the supply of Britain's big brother's got the Xfactor on ice is cutoff will the brits riot.

Most people don't give a toss & only have a vague idea of what the european parliament, UK parliament & local govermnment does.