House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

We Have Debated Women...

No please, before you all jump down my throat (in more ways than one) I will have you know I am not homophobic in the slightest. Live and let live and each to their own in my book (unless youre a greedy money grabbing BTL scab or a baby boomer please pay my pension and medical NHS fees cashing in on the boom times slapper that is!). Basically we have had the free living feminists and possible gold digger womens lib blamed for price house price rises by some poster and another so what about homesexual couple (gay and lesbian). Not so long ago (in fact in my lifetime) it used to be suppressed and frowned upon. Now it is celebrated, maybe even encouraged, and with so much deposable income between two childless partners wanting the finer things in life my question is... has the pink vote contributed to driving up luxury waterfront apartment prices?

what a shame this has been moved?? - was a bit different at least?! :unsure:

right back at ya - shakes ;)

yes.

*it's definitely one of those answers*

no or yes.........or maybe it's a maybe :ph34r:

what a shame this has been moved?? - was a bit different at least?! :unsure:

right back at ya - shakes ;)

Dun baby you are right, this is about housing and people oft argue about women and the HPC so why not homosexuality. It has to be discussed. :)

The two great gay enclaves that I know about are San Francisco and Vancouver's West End. Both have seen astronomical price rises in the last few years, probably partly supported by the pink pound/dollar/loonie. Two men with no dependants can really save a lot of money but they probably also spend more on "lifestyle".

I agree that this should be in the main forum, but maybe the title was the problem rather than the subject.

well i live in manchester. i didnt know it before i came here. i wasnt born here, so i thought it was full of manchester toughs and hoodies ect. i was suprised when i realised it was quite a gay town. even the toughs can be gay(s).

i also lived unknowingly in a high rise in salford that was known to locals as fairy towers due to the large number of transexuals living there. i lived next door to one. fuinny thing is if he came out dressed as a woman he was cheery and said morning ect, but when as a man he was really grumpy !! weird. and on another occassion we were waiting for the lift with a gay paranoid friend of mine. the lift opened and there were about 10 gay people going out for the night. they were all ages and they looked a lot like the grumbleweeds. my friend wouldnt get in the lift.

im not anti gay at all. i think they bring a lot of live to a town. i like camp humour too. they all live in the city centre, so along with the metrosexuals have caused prices here to rise a bit. dont take my word for it. take a 'rainbow' taxi to canal street.

may i say, theres also a lot of minge in manchester too, im talking quality mott. which is my choice if any boodylicious ladies were wondering and had a few spare hours on their hands.....and my fee....

What people do amongst themselves is not my business,

But if they expect special rights and privileges, and money from taxpayers,

I say forget it, I will not be taxed to pay for someones "unconventonal lifestyle choice"

Being gay is not a 'lifestyle choice', you dont choose it. As for being 'unconventional' it goes back to roman times so get your facts straight Dr Bubb. Still amazed in this day and age their are people with this attitude.

Gays have pioneered living in areas which later became very fashionable so better property experts than most of us, lol.

What people do amongst themselves is not my business,

But if they expect special rights and privileges, and money from taxpayers,

I say forget it, I will not be taxed to pay for someones "unconventonal lifestyle choice"

I should say on the whole the gay population are net contributors of revenue for the Treasury....no kids, higher disposable income.

If that Chav (wife swap) couple who recently went to court with their £37000 a year in benefits and their endless spawning hoodie kids are classed as "conventonal".....then give me "unconventonal" any day.

I really don't believe that proportionately the gays are on the increase. Take it as a percentge and it probably hasn't shifted much, apart from those who can now feel 'free' to live their lives as they see fit.

But put it this way, those that have chosen that lifestyle are not going to have biological kids of their own (unless they are similar to the Micheal Barrymores of this world). This would mean less population from their part, and ultimately LESS demand for housing, so all in all, nothing to sustain higher housing prices there then! :blink::D

Guest Charlie The Tramp
As for being 'unconventional' it goes back to roman times

And look what happened to the Roman Empire. <_<

And look what happened to the Roman Empire. <_<

They suffered from syphliss?!!

OK, thats not down to the gays in Roman times but their general attutude to sex. More gang banging than at a Black Lace reunion. :blink::P

Oh and they invented condoms!

Guest Charlie The Tramp
They suffered from syphliss?!!

OK, thats not down to the gays in Roman times but their general attutude to sex. More gang banging than at a Black Lace reunion. :blink::P

Oh and they invented condoms!

And the Empire of Ancient Greece.