House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

One Spelling Mistake In Kate Middleton Letter Makes The News

I got a personalised email reply from a local council - basic words had the incorrect spelling, repeatedly, and on one occasion a whole different spelling was attempted by the sender. Makes me cross when I think how many are unemployed and can actually spell.

The words the council officer could not spell

Personnel for personal

Accomodation/accomadation

I got a personalised email reply from a local council - basic words had the incorrect spelling, repeatedly, and on one occasion a whole different spelling was attempted by the sender. Makes me cross when I think how many are unemployed and can actually spell.

The words the council officer could not spell

Personnel for personal

Accomodation/accomadation

Virtually everything that comes out of my council has basic spelling mistakes.

Mind you the 'best' I've seen was an official leaflet promoting some English lit MA at a nearby university - even that had at least one basic mistake. Can't remember now, but probably the usual it's/its.

My local Asda's used to be good for a spelling laugh (or rant, according to preference). Among other things I've seen printed notices saying, 'Rasers are now in the shampoo aisle' and 'New Zeeland Chedder'.

They seem to have smartened up a bit lately. Probably because of a few more ex-Waitrose types shopping there to save money and pointing out cringe-making mistakes.

Thing is, the people who make these mistakes don't realize they're making them, consequently don't cringe, and can't understand why anyone else would.

I often see the word quiet misspelled like that. In fact, it's the second time in as many day's I've seen that strangely common spelling error. There's another common one which eludes me at the moment, if I remember I'll put it down.

I don't overly care, but bloody hell, slow news day?

Kate makes spelling mistake: Pages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,9 and sports pull-out.

Page 16 (top left) - Greece, Portugal, Spain, Ireland announce 100% default, entire western monetary system implodes..