House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inflating

Some Homes Are Worth Less Than 5 Years Ago Nominally

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009116016496

More than 93% of homes bought in 2007 are now worth less than their owners paid for them.

And 89% of properties bought the following year are now worth less than the purchase price.

However, the majority of the homes snapped up in 2009 when prices plunged, are now worth more.

Nicholas Leeming, of Zoopla, said: "The most affected areas are in the North East, partly the North West and some of the East Midlands.

"The least affected areas are, not suprisingly, London and the South East.

Is this really an ad asking people to buy now and do a 2009?

And this is the market the govt are busy trying to entice the young into...

Still you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar...

I just don't understand from where they get their optimism that the borrowers will be able to repay - or is it just a case of printy printy and the state will do more SMI? Anything but let the property prioes fall to earth and risk the banks being seen naked as the tide goes out I assume

I just don't understand from where they get their optimism that the borrowers will be able to repay - or is it just a case of printy printy and the state will do more SMI? Anything but let the property prioes fall to earth and risk the banks being seen naked as the tide goes out I assume

The government will move the decimal place on the currency to the right a few places everyday.

Are they sure it's only 5 years ago?

I've seen one go this year for £130k that last sold for £120k in 2003

-£1,250 a year

If they had put it in something to keep up with RPI that £130k would now be £172k

-£6.5k a year

Aye.... property only goes up!

If they had put it in something to keep up with RPI that £130k would now be £172k

-£6.5k a year

Aye.... property only goes up!

Indeed. I've had my cash in a tax-free saver here in France, for the last 5 yrs. Has been paying about 4% net p.a.

Outside of Paris and a few hotspots, property is tumbling. A great "investment" ;)

Yup, sentiment is extremely negative (not just on this forum!) and outside the London/SE it seems to me that prices are now probably falling steadily (in nominal terms). . No evidence to back this up except my own experiences as a current seller and buyer, and conversations with EAs in the course of this. Volumes are so thin it is hard to tell. The Land registry figures in a week or so will be interesting.

You've got your HPC at last, but it will take time.