House Price Crash Forum

Don't follow the U.S. market to closely but noticed this on the BBC website, proving our V.I.s don't have the monopoly on lame excuses:

Sales of previously occupied US homes fell 15% in May from the previous year, an indication the economic recovery remains halting, analysts said.

Also, the median price for existing homes fell 4.6% in May from May 2010.

The National Association of Realtors put the decline down to rising petrol prices and bad weather in April that kept home shoppers away from sales.

:lol::lol::lol:

Link

(Apologies if posted before)

Edited by NEO72

Don't follow the U.S. market to closely but noticed this on the BBC website, proving our V.I.s don't have the monopoly on lame excuses:

:lol::lol::lol:

Link

(Apologies if posted before)

So they can't afford to drive to the house, but they can afford to buy it? Riiiight.....

Anyone who is gainfully employed over in the here in the US can pick up a bargain at the moment, much like England in 1995. I'm currently looking for a couple of homes. I would worry more about Britain where it's impossible to find anything reasonably priced and habitable. For the price of a crappy house in Britain I can buy a plush condo in downtown Seattle and a tasty detached country retreat. The market here is bottoming in my opinion. I don't really care if it's not because it's good value to me.

Anyone who is gainfully employed over in the here in the US can pick up a bargain at the moment, much like England in 1995. I'm currently looking for a couple of homes. I would worry more about Britain where it's impossible to find anything reasonably priced and habitable. For the price of a crappy house in Britain I can buy a plush condo in downtown Seattle and a tasty detached country retreat. The market here is bottoming in my opinion. I don't really care if it's not because it's good value to me.

I have just returned from the US and don't agree the market is bottoming at all. I had three realtors tell me the worst was not over and that all three said there was to be no leveling off for at least 18 months to 24 months. You are right that you can buy a nice home for so much less, the home prices here a a sad joke; but that's a different argument. My brother has lived there for 30 years, he lives up north and even he pulled out of buying as he thinks the economy is just getting worse and worse; and he is the 'glass is half empty' type!

It should not be forgotten that the necessary budget deficit cuts needed for a recovery have not even been agreed, let alone implemented, wait until those cuts kick in. I saw no reason to think any recovery was imminent, in fact I saw the opposite, look at the jobless figures. It looks to me and many others that the US is taking a second dip.

It's worth nothing that through my contacts here in the city that the state of play is now far more of a worry than ever it was.

I have just returned from the US and don't agree the market is bottoming at all. I had three realtors tell me the worst was not over and that all three said there was to be no leveling off for at least 18 months to 24 months. You are right that you can buy a nice home for so much less, the home prices here a a sad joke; but that's a different argument. My brother has lived there for 30 years, he lives up north and even he pulled out of buying as he thinks the economy is just getting worse and worse; and he is the 'glass is half empty' type!

It should not be forgotten that the necessary budget deficit cuts needed for a recovery have not even been agreed, let alone implemented, wait until those cuts kick in. I saw no reason to think any recovery was imminent, in fact I saw the opposite, look at the jobless figures. It looks to me and many others that the US is taking a second dip.

It's worth nothing that through my contacts here in the city that the state of play is now far more of a worry than ever it was.

It depends where you are. I see signs of recovery in Seattle. Amazon has 10 offices that I know of here. Then there's Boeing and Microsoft just to name a few. There are fewer decent homes on the market now. Any bargains are being snapped up immediately and rental prices where I am are rising. It's always darkest before the dawn. Remember, the effects of the latest QE won't be felt for months to come. I bought in 1996 back in the UK and everyone was still pessimistic.

Now stand back and observe the British economy and house prices. If you really think the the US will take a second dip, what is going to happen to Britain? It will be knocked back into the dark ages. The BoE might even try another round of QE to finish Sterling off once and for all! I'll enjoy some cheap visits to Britain after that happens. Britain no longer even has the ability to feed its own people from the land. Labour did a great job of trashing Britain. Let's not even talk about Britain's electric and gas supplies!

It depends where you are. I see signs of recovery in Seattle. Amazon has 10 offices that I know of here. Then there's Boeing and Microsoft just to name a few. There are fewer decent homes on the market now. Any bargains are being snapped up immediately and rental prices where I am are rising. It's always darkest before the dawn. Remember, the effects of the latest QE won't be felt for months to come. I bought in 1996 back in the UK and everyone was still pessimistic.

Now stand back and observe the British economy and house prices. If you really think the the US will take a second dip, what is going to happen to Britain? It will be knocked back into the dark ages. The BoE might even try another round of QE to finish Sterling off once and for all! I'll enjoy some cheap visits to Britain after that happens. Britain no longer even has the ability to feed its own people from the land. Labour did a great job of trashing Britain. Let's not even talk about Britain's electric and gas supplies!

Well I was not in Seattle, so you know the market there, however as a nation, it's likly to take a second dip....in my opinion, and we all have opinions. As they don'y make crystal balls the way they used to, it's anyones guess, but I still see no reason to think US home values are about to stop falling let alone go up.

I only came back for some free health care as my heart is knackered, but I will not stay here, perish the thought. It's June for Gods sake, it's actually my birthday today and it's grey....grey, it's friggin summer! I remember blue sky's when I was younge, fat chance of that now. I left in 2004 and things have only got worse here, what a dump, what a mess and prices of homes ; I mean it's insane! My advice for anyone younge is go see the world and live somewhere else! Nowhere is nivarna, but the UK continues it's decline without stopping for a breath. I hate saying it, but it's the truth. What gets me is that the UK was a world leader, it had so much to be proud of, it's just gone down the pan now.